2010 arrives with fireworks
The BeachHouse Restaurant will sponsor a midnight fireworks display in Bradenton Beach to usher in 2010.
Islander File Photo
Islanders will usher in the new year with a blast on the beach, literally.
The BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach, will again host a fireworks display at midnight Dec. 31 to celebrate 2009 and welcome 2010.
The best viewing spot is on the beach near the restaurant, which also will host a New Year’s Eve party with live music, noisemakers and champagne toasts.
Most Island restaurants will be open for the holiday, serving dinner with noisemakers.
Venues celebrating New Year’s include:
• Feeling Swell Surf Bar, 9903 Gulf Drive, will feature a performance by Koko Ray.
• Ginny’s and Jane E’s at the Old IGA will host its New Year’s Day flea market.
• Sign of the Mermaid, 9707 Gulf Drive, will offer brunch on New Year’s Day and dinner on New Year’s Eve.
• Rotten Ralph’s Restaurant, 902 S. Bay Blvd., will feature Jay Crawford performing on New Year’s Eve.
• Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., will hold continuous communion in the chapel from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Slim’s Place, 9701 Gulf Drive, will offer live music on Dec. 31.
• The Waterfront Restaurant, 111 S. Bay Blvd., will serve dinner on New Year’s Eve.
• Banana Cabana, 103 Gulf Drive, will feature three dinner seating’s on New Year’s Eve and live music by Doug Bidwell.
• The Gathering Place, 101 Seventh St. N., will offer dinner specials on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
• The Beach Bistro, 6600 Gulf Drive, will serve dinner on New Year’s Eve.
• Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, will hold a New Year’s Eve party at 6 p.m.
• D.Coy Ducks, 5410 Marina Drive, will host the popular reggae-rock band Bootleg on New Year’s Eve.
• Da Giorgio Ristorante, 5702 Marina Drive, will serve dinner on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
• Havana Cabana, 5904 Marina Drive, will celebrate on New Year’s Eve with musician Berni Roy and happy hour prices.
• Old Hamburg Schnitzelhaus, 3246 E. Bay Drive, Holmes Beach, will be open for dinner from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Sharky’s, 2519 Gulf Drive N., will host a no cover New Year’s Eve party.
• Harry’s Continental Kitchens, 525 St. Judes Drive, Longboat Key, will offer a three-course prix fixe dinner on New Year’s Eve.
• Tiny’s, 6825 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, will hold a New Year’s Eve party with the Island Swing Band.
For revelers out after the stroke of midnight, Manatee County Area Transit will be operating the free trolley service — until there are no more people at the trolley stops.