Anna Maria has sales tax 'wish list'
Anna Maria Mayor SueLynn has submitted her "wish list" of infrastructure projects that would be funded by the city's share of a half-cent sales tax increase Manatee County commissioners are proposing.
In no particular preference order, the projects are:
- Repair/replacement of 1,100 linear feet of sidewalk.
- Purchase of a "bobcat" for maintenance of swales, parking areas and rights of way.
- Boat, motor and appropriate equipment for the Manatee County Sheriff's Office deputies for waterway law enforcement.
- Design and construction of a public works building.
- ADA improvements to city hall, city pier, public parking lots and the historical park.
- Construction of a pathway to the beach for handicapped persons.
- Creation of a city waterway map and appropriate signage of aquatic plants and trees for canoe and kayak trips by the public.
- A high-volume drainage pump to quickly remove stormwater.
- Design and construction of a retention pond model that can be readily incorporated into individual home landscaping.
- Construction of several retention ponds in critical stormwater runoff areas.
The county commission is expected to place the half-cent increase measure on the March 2004 ballot for a countywide vote.