Comp plan committee members chosen in Bradenton Beach
The code enforcement officer in Bradenton Beach has tendered her resignation effective Feb. 25.
Seven people have been selected by Bradenton Beach city commissioners to devote a huge hunk of their lives for the next two years poring over long-range planning documents.
Commissioners selected what they're calling the ad hoc committee on the comprehensive plan, a body charged with reviewing and revising the city's plan for growth management for the next 20 years and beyond.
The committee, with consultant Tony Arrant, will take about two years working on the document.
Committee members are:
- Ernest Clay, a licensed registered architect in Illinois and Florida and also a member of the city's planning and zoning board.
- Timothy Lyons, a retired mechanical engineer and member of the Anna Maria Island Community Center.
- Tjet Martin, who has managed a rental property in the city for six years.
- Michael Pierce, retired as an educator and developer and a member of the Anna Maria Elementary School Advisory Council.
- Katie Pierola, former mayor of Bradenton Beach.
- Mike Norman, a 30-year real estate veteran.
- Janie Robertson, who served on an educational task force in Michigan.
The first meeting of the ad hoc committee will be at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 11.