Wednesday, March 31
11 a.m. — The Einstein Circle discussion “Has Science Become Too Political?” at the Studio at Gulf and Pine, 10101 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-359-4296.
Thursday, April 1
10:30 a.m. — Magician Cesa Domico performs at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
Friday, April 2
Saturday, April 3
9 a.m. — The Sandbar Restaurant, 100 Spring Ave., Anna Maria, hosts its annual Easter egg hunt. After, Pine Avenue businesses host an Easter parade and egg roll.
10 a.m. to noon —“Fun Fashion with Silk Painting” demonstration by Barbara Hines at Island Gallery West, 5368 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6648.
Sunday, April 4
6:30 a.m. — Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island Easter sunrise service at the Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Tuesday, April 6
Noon — “The Angor Wat Temple in Cambodia” with Kent Davis at the Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island lunch at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach.
Wednesday, April 7
11 a.m. — “The Dirty Horrors of Medical Ethics” lecture at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-359-4296.
11:30 a.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce networking lunch at The Gathering Place, 101 Seventh St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-1541.
1:15 p.m. — Gulf Coast Writers host a mini-workshop on editing with Barbara Goff at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-7631.
• First Monday of each month, 6:30 p.m., Artists Guild of Anna Maria at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
• The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee applies. Information: 941-794-3390.
• Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m., Anna Maria Duplicate Bridge Club at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-0504.
• Tuesdays, 4 p.m., Inquiring Minds non-denominational group meets at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, through April. Information: 941-778-4579.
• Wednesdays, 6 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Alternating Wednesdays, 11 a.m., memory loss support group at the Longboat Island Chapel Aging in Paradise Resource Center, 6200 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-6491.
• The third Wednesday of each month, noon, the Anna Maria Island Garden Club meets at Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-2809.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 6 p.m., Co-Dependents Anonymous group meets on the Island. Call for location: 508-815-7378.
• Fridays, 11 a.m., Over 39ers group meets at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1813.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, Holmes Beach.
• Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Open-air market at 107 Bridge St., Bradenton Beach, through May. Information: 941-518-4431.
• Through April 10, work of Canadian artist Barry Richman at the Studio at Gulf and Pine, 10101 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1906.
• Through April 11, “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” at the Manatee Players, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton. Information: 941-748-5875. Fee applies.
• Through April 23, “Florida Cowboys Collection” at the Manatee County Agricultural Museum, 515 10th Ave. W., Palmetto. Information: 941-721-2031
Thursday, April 1
7 p.m. — Visions of the Future Film Series: “A Space Odyssey” at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-4131 ext. 27. Fee applies.
Friday, April 2
9 a.m. — Children’s parade and family fun day beginning at Sutton Park, 1050 Sixth St. W., and ending at Lamb Park, 950 Sixth St. W., Palmetto.
Saturday, April 3
9 a.m. to noon — Easter egg hunt at G.T. Bray Park, 3001 59th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-742-5974.
• April 8, Visions of the Future Film Series: “Forbidden Planet,” South Florida Museum.
• April 9, Reception for Karen deLeon Stuart, Artists Guild Gallery.
• April 9, “Artists Gone Wild” opens, Anna Maria Island Art League.
• April 9, Facebook Forum, Anna Maria Island Community Center.
• April 9-18, Manatee Jazz Fest.
• April 10, Artists Guild Gallery Spring Cleaning Sale.
• April 10, Clay polishing demonstration, Island Gallery West.
• April 10, Privateer’s Thieves Market, Coquina Beach.
• April 10-11, Anna Maria Island Butterfly Garden craft show.
• April 10-11, Through Women’s Eyes film festival, Hollywood 20.
• April 13, Boat Chart seminar, Anna Maria Island Power Squadron.
• April 14, “Shaken, not Stirred: The Lives and Loves of Ian Lancaster Fleming,” Island Branch Library.
• April 14, Wine-tasting, Harry’s Continental Kitchen.
Save the Date:
• April 16-18, Florida Gulf Coast Small Craft Festival, Cortez.
• April 16-18, Anna Maria Island Real Florida Festival.
• April 17, Skateboard competition, Holmes Beach Skate Park.
• April 17, Great American Clean-up.
• April 24, An Affaire to Remember.
• April 24, Cortez Natives Picnic, Florida Maritime Museum.
• May 1-2, Anna Maria Island Relay for Life.
• May 2, Annual Island Run.
• April 5, students return from spring break.
• 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. April 8, kindergarten roundup.
• 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. April 8, conference night.
• 8 a.m. April 16, Parent Teacher Organization meeting.
For more information, call the school office at 941-708-5525. AME is at 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.