Wednesday, May 19
10 a.m. — Island Wellness ribbon cutting and festivities located at Silver Surf Beach Resort, 1301 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-1541.
5 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Historical Society annual membership gathering and student scholarship presentation at the museum, 402 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-779-9108.
Thursday, May 20
1 p.m. — Oil painting demonstration with Marie Garafino at the Artists Guild Gallery, 5414 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6694.
5 p.m. — Bradenton Beach Intergenerational Garden volunteer work meeting at the Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23 rd St., Bradenton Beach.
Saturday, May 22
8:30 a.m. — Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island hosts guest speaker Rae Dowling of Florida Power & Light at Café on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Sunday, May 23
11:15 a.m. — Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria, will dedicate its new pantry, located across the street from the church adjacent to its Thrift Store. Information: 941-778-0414.
Tuesday, May 25
Noon — The Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island “Club Assembly” at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach.
Wednesday, May 26
5 to 7 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business card exchange hosted by the Bridge Street Merchants, 117 Bridge St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
• First Monday of each month, 6:30 p.m., Artists Guild of Anna Maria at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
• The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee applies. Information: 941-794-3390.
• Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m., Anna Maria Duplicate Bridge Club at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-0504.
• Tuesdays, 4 p.m., Inquiring Minds non-denominational group meets at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, through April. Information: 941-778-4579.
• Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Alternating Wednesdays, 11 a.m., memory loss support group at the Longboat Island Chapel Aging in Paradise Resource Center, 6200 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-6491.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Fridays, 11 a.m., Over 39ers group meets at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1813.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, Holmes Beach.
Thursday, May 20
7 p.m. — Visions of the Future Film Series: “Alien” at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-4131 ext. 27. Fee applies.
Friday, May 21
7 p.m. — Holmes Beach ska-reggae band Bootleg opens for the Wailers at the State Theatre, 687 Central Ave., St. Petersburg. Information: 727-895-3045. Fee applies.
Saturday, May 22
Noon to 3 p.m. — Tenth annual Bow Wow Celebration at Happy Trails Dog Park, G.T. Bray Park, 51st Street West, Bradenton. Information: 941-742-5974.
• May 29, West Manatee Fire Rescue Auxiliary yard sale.
• May 29, “Plunder Fest” benefit concert, Ace’s Lounge.
Save the Date:
• June 4-6, Cortez Yacht Club Hook ’Em and Cook ’Em fishing tournament.
• June 5-6, the 10th annual Island Blood Drive.
• June 14-18, Vacation Bible school at St. Bernard Catholic Church.
• May 25, Parent Teacher Organization dinner and fifth-grade performance.
• 9 a.m, June 3, third- and fourth-grade awards assembly.
• 9 a.m, June 4, fifth-grade awards assembly.
• 1:15 p.m. Friday, June 4, early dismissal.
• June 8, fifth-grade luncheon at the BeachHouse Restaurant.
For more information, call the school office at 941-708-5525. AME is at 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.