• No new reports.
• Jan. 5, 300 block of Bay Drive North, burglary. The Bradenton Beach Police Department responded to a reported break-in at a duplex. Two men were arrested and face burglary charges.
• Jan. 1, 4400 block of 119th Street West, assault, criminal mischief. The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office was called to a residence by a woman who reported that a man became violent when she decided to go home. The woman got into a car and locked the doors as the man began punching the hood of the car.
• Dec. 28, 5600 block of Gulf Drive, warrant. The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office made a warrant arrest at a residence.
• Dec. 28, 3900 block of East Bay Drive, burglary. Holmes Beach Police Department responded to a report that a Frito Lay delivery truck was burglarized while parked at the Publix loading dock.
• Dec. 29, 3700 block of East Bay Drive, damage. An HBPD officer patrolling the area noticed damage to an air-conditioner unit in the alley.
• Jan. 1, 200 block of 38th Street, missing adult. Police responded to a report of a missing and possibly endangered adult, who was found near Manatee Avenue and Gulf Drive.
• Jan. 2, 3900 block of East Bay Drive, trespass. Police responded to a report from Publix of a disruptive customer who was yelling profanities. The customer was asked to leave.
• Jan. 2, 3000 block of Gulf Drive, public intoxication. HBPD responded to a complaint from the Citgo service station of two intoxicated people who passed out at the store. An officer, unable to get the two men to immediately respond, called emergency medical technicians, who brought the men around.
The two men were then ordered to leave the property.
• Jan. 3, 5700 block of Marina Drive, vandalism. An HBPD officer investigated a report that someone damaged the sign outside the Island Branch Library on Dec. 31. Letters were removed and the sign cover broken.
• Jan. 4, 5600 block of Gulf Drive, disturbance. The HBPD investigated a report from a maintenance employee at Sun Plaza West, who said he found four teenage boys hiding in a storage room in mid-December. The boys had been smoking marijuana while lounging in the storage room. Later it was discovered
that two bicycles were stolen and, on Jan. 2, several teens were riding a shopping cart in a hallway.
• Jan. 4, 5400 block of Marina Drive, suspicious vehicle. A business owner reported to the HBPD that a vehicle was left in the shopping center parking lot for multiple days. The vehicle was eventually moved.
• Jan. 4, 3200 block of Eastbay Drive, theft. HBPD investigated the theft of nine hood vent filters from Peach’s Restaurant. The filters had been left outside the restaurant for cleaning.
• 6500 block of Gulf Drive on the beach, hazard. HBPD responded to a complaint from a man who said children dug a hole in the sand that posed a hazard. An officer determined that children had built a mote that was easy to see and not a hazard.
• Jan. 5, 500 block of 67th Street, theft. The HBPD took a report of the theft of a swimming pool cleaner from a vacation home.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.