• No new reports.
• Jan. 12, Bridge Street and Bay Drive, theft. A man reported the theft of his locked bicycle.
• Jan. 14, 2100 block of Avenue B, domestic disturbance. Police responded to an argument between a man and a woman, who said her boyfriend frightened her when he grabbed her and tried to pick her up. The officer instructed the boyfriend to sleep somewhere else that night.
• Jan. 15, 2900 block of Gulf Drive, DUI. A Bradenton Beach Police Department officer observed a motorist traveling at about 75 mph in a 35-mph zone and then veering from the driving lane into the bicycle lane. The officer stopped the motorist and, suspecting alcohol impairment, requested a traffic unit from the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office. Jeffrey Bell, 36, of Bradenton Beach, was arrested for driving under the influence.
• Jan. 18, 100 block of First Street North, domestic disturbance. BBPD responded to a report of a disturbance. A woman who suffered head and neck wounds said her boyfriend grabbed a kitchen knife and threatened to cut off her head. He also hit her in the head with an ashtray.
• Jan. 18, 100 block of 10th Street North, domestic disturbance. A woman called police to report that her teenage daughter was “out of control.”
• Jan. 16, 7500 to 11000 block of Cortez Road West, criminal mischief. The MCSO investigated a series of BB-gun shootings at businesses and one that injuring a bicyclist.
• Jan. 19, 3500 block of 115th Street West, found property. A foreman with the county mosquito control department found a wallet in the woods near the Sunny Shores park. The wallet did not contain contact information. So the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office placed it into an evidence locker.
• Jan. 13, 100 block of 47th Street, theft. The Holmes Beach Police Department investigated the theft of a washer and dryer valued at about $500 from a residential garage.
• Jan. 14, 200 block of 49th Street, driving while license suspended. An HBPD officer checked the license tag on a vehicle and determined that the vehicle owner had a mandatory suspended license. The officer stopped the motorist for driving on a suspended license and arrested him.
• Jan. 15, Manatee Avenue and East Bay Drive, driving while license suspended. An HBPD officer observed a motorist drive through a red-light intersection at a high rate of speed. He stopped the motorist, whose record indicated her license had been suspended for five years for being a habitual traffic offender. She was arrested.
• Jan. 16, 3900 block of East Bay Drive, theft. An HBPD officer responded to a report of shoplifting at the Publix Super Market. The store manager reported that a man entered the Publix four times, each time in a different jacket. He was arrested for allegedly stealing Natural Ice Beer.
• Jan. 17, 3200 block of Gulf Drive, theft. HBPD received a report that someone stole an air-conditioner compressor from a rental property.
• Jan. 17, 600 block of North Point Drive, theft. HBPD responded to a report that someone stole five rod and reels from a residential garage. A tool box was found in nearby bushes from which HBPD collected fingerprints.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.