• April 7, 700 block of North Shore Drive, complaint. The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office responded to a woman’s complaint that a fisher in the Gulf of Mexico behind her property was trespassing and violating an alleged law against fishing in swim zones. The MCSO determined that the licensed fisher was not trespassing and that no such law exists.
• April 8, 200 block of Gladiolus, domestic disturbance. The MCSO responded to an argument. One person involved agreed to stay at a hotel for the night.
• April 9, 100 block of South Bay Boulevard, vandalism. The MCSO received a complaint of three juveniles tampering with plumbing under the Anna Maria City Pier boardwalk.
• April 10, 200 block of Oak Ave., grand theft. The MCSO investigated a report that an unknown person took personal property hidden in a family room.
• April 9, 2100 block of Gulf Drive South, theft. The Bradenton Beach Police Department responded to Coquina Beach, where a woman reported the theft of several bags.
• April 9, 300 Gulf Drive North, child abuse. Witnesses reported seeing a man shake a crying baby, as well as spank the child. The BBPD is investigating.
• April 10, 100 block of First Street North, operating a vehicle on a suspended license. A BBPD officer stopped a motorist, a man known to have his license suspended following a DUI crash, and arrested him.
• April 12, 1800 block of Gulf Drive North, burglary. The BBPD responded to a report of stolen vehicle accessories.
• April 13, 2200 block of Avenue C, vehicle burglary. The BBPD responded to a vehicle burglary, which is under investigation.
• April 14, 1500 block of Gulf Drive North, vehicle burglary. The BBPD responded to a report of a vehicle break-in, which is under investigation.
• April 14, 1300 Gulf Drive North, vehicle burglary. A vehicle burglary was reported, which the BBPD is investigating.
• April 10, 4500 block of 123rd Street West, battery. Two friends who had been living together for about a week and who had started drinking alcohol early in the day, got into a disagreement. One man called another names and slapped him.
• April 11, 4500 block of 121st Street West, trespass. The MCSO issued a trespass warning to a person after receiving a complaint from a man who said he had power of attorney to oversee the property.
• April 9, 65th Street beach access, underage drinking. The Holmes Beach Police Department, with the assistance of the MCSO, responded to a call from the area and found more than a hundred juveniles and young adults near the beach access and in the road. Parents were called.
• April 10, 100 block of Beach Avenue, violation of felony probation, contributing to the delinquency of a minor. The MCSO arrested a Bradenton man for allegedly giving alcohol to teenage boys. The man also was arrested for violating probation.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.