• April 16, 700 block of North Shore, theft. The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office investigated a theft that occurred sometime between late March and early April. Someone stole a kayak paddle that was leaning against a seawall.
• April 16, 100 block of Bridge Street, battery. The Bradenton Beach Police Department arrested a 31-year-old Palmetto man for alleged misdemeanor battery. BBPD said five witnesses saw the man strike another person without provocation.
• April 17, 100 Gulf Drive North, warrant. MCSO deputies arrested a 31-year-old Bradenton man on a bench warrant for violation of probation.
• April 20, 300 block of Gulf Drive North, warrant. BBPD arrested a 32-year-old Georgia woman on a warrant for aggravated stalking.
• April 16, 4500 block of 123rd Street West, battery. The MCSO responded to a report of an argument. A woman allegedly slapped a man three times and spit in his face.
• April 15, 6600 block of Gulf Drive, theft. The Holmes Beach Police Department responded to a resort, where a woman reported the theft of her purse from the beach. The purse contained cigarettes, a lighter and feminine hygiene products.
• April 15, 300 block of 68th Street, burglary. The HBPD responded to a report of a burglary that included conflicting descriptions of a suspect from a witness. Later, the HBPD was informed that property taken was returned.
• April 15, 5400 block of Marina Drive, criminal mischief. The HBPD responded to a store, where the manager reported that someone shot a side window with a pellet gun. A mangled pellet was found.
• April 17, 5400 block of Marina Drive, fight. HBPD received a report of a scuffle between two people. A third, attempting to break up the fight, accidentally broke the glass in an office window.
• April 18, 5300 block of Marina Drive, theft. HBPD responded to a business, where someone stole a dry-erase board from the parking lot. The board was valued at $150.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.