• May 13, 400 block of Magnolia Drive, arrest. Deputies from the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office Anna Maria substation arrested a man for burglary, grand theft and possession of burglary tools in connection with the theft of a pool motor and pump from a construction site on South Bay Boulevard. Deputies were able to identify a suspect from a digital image recording device the contractor maintained at the site.
• May 14, 100 block of Gulf Drive South, battery. The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office arrested a Bradenton man for domestic battery in Bradenton Beach for an alleged incident at a residence in Bradenton. Police said the man used a pocket knife to break into his mother’s bedroom to steal a pack of cigarettes and when she woke, hit her.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• May 15, 10300 block of Cortez Road, theft. The MCSO arrested a 31-year-old Cortez woman found in the possession of a wallet containing another woman’s credit card. A man had invited the woman and another person into his van at the location, but he decided they had “worn out their welcome” and called 911. When the MCSO arrived, the man said the woman had bragged about stealing a credit card.
• May 17, 12300 block of Cortez Road, burglary. The MCSO responded to a report from the Sea Hagg nautical boutique that items valued at more than $5,000 were missing.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• May 10, 4600 block of the beach, theft. The Holmes Beach Police Department received a report that two women stole a wagon stocked with toys from the beach.
• May 12, 4000 block of Gulf Drive, public intoxication. HBPD responded to a call that someone had passed out at the Manatee Public Beach. An officer roused the man and put him in a patrol car until his friends were located.
• May 13, 3900 block of East Bay Drive, theft. HBPD responded to a shoplifting complaint from the Publix Super Market. A suspect was taken into custody at the Manatee Public Beach, where she admitted the theft and also allegedly abandoned a Publix mobility scooter.
• May 14, 4000 Gulf Drive, theft. HBPD responded to a report of a purse stolen from the Manatee Public Beach. A woman told police she had changed seats at the beach cafe and forgot her purse at the first table. When she remembered the pink-and-white Coach handbag, she couldn’t find it. The purse contained $800, as well as identification cards, credit cards, a gold ring and makeup.
• May 17, Key Royal Drive, trespass and possession of burglary tools. An HBPD officer noticed a suspicious person in a truck outside a residence. He arrested a man for alleged burglary to a conveyance and possession of burglary tools.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.