• May 25, 200 block of Gladiolus, damaged property. A woman reported to the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office that when she arrived home, she found her skylight broken. The possible cause was a falling fish.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• May 20, intersection of Gulf Drive and Cortez Road, DUI. A Bradenton Beach woman, Julie Lombardo, was arrested for alleged driving under the influence following a two-vehicle crash at the intersection. A Bradenton Beach police report stated that a vehicle was stopped at a red light while in the left-turn lane on Cortez Road. The vehicle was hit from behind by another vehicle, which Lombardo was driving. BBPD said she admitted to having had two vodka tonics about 20 minutes prior.
• May 22, 200 block of Gulf Drive South, stolen tag. A man reported to BBPD that someone removed the license plate from his motorcycle while it was parked at the Moose Lodge.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• May 18, 600 block of Crestwood, burglary. A resident reported that her vehicle was burglarized, with someone taking her Louis Vitton purse and wallet. She valued the purse at $1,300 and the wallet at $500. She said she later saw the strap to her purse in a nearby storm drain.
• May 18, 3500 block of East Bay Drive, expired registration, possession of drug paraphernalia. A Holmes Beach Police Department officer made a routine stop after identifying a vehicle with an expired license tag. After the driver stepped out of the vehicle, the officer saw a needle and syringe. Additional paraphernalia was found and the driver was arrested.
• May 21, 200 block of North Harbor Drive, past theft. HBPD responded to a resident’s report that someone stole her daughter’s Green Machine Big Wheel from outside the home.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.