• June 23, north beach, vandalism. Anna Maria Island Turtle Watch reported to the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office a series of incidents causing disturbances in a shorebird nesting ground.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• June 22, Coquina Beach, medical emergency. Manatee County Marine Rescue and Emergency Medical Services responded to the beach, where a swimmer was found unresponsive in the water.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• June 15, 300 block of 58th Street, burglary. The Holmes Beach Police Department received a report that someone removed items from a rental property and possibly was squatting in the property.
• June 18, 3600 block of East Bay Drive, theft. HBPD arrested a 27-year-old man for allegedly stealing a T-shirt and four pairs of shorts from a store. The man was apprehended in the 4000 block of Sixth Avenue after allegedly fleeing the store. He faces a misdemeanor charge.
• June 18, 300 block of 62nd St., theft. HBPD received a report of a bicycle theft from an open garage. The bike was a blue women’s Huffy beach cruiser.
• June 18, 100 block of 50th Street, burglary. The HBPD received a report of a vehicle break-in. Someone used a large rock to break a passenger window and remove a wallet and mobile phone from the vehicle.
• June 18, 300 block of 62nd Street, theft. The HBPD received a report of a bicycle theft from outside a home. The bike was a purple girl’s bike with a basket.
• June 21, 6500 block of Gulf Drive, theft. The HBPD received a report that someone removed several items left overnight on the beach, including six chairs, a canopy and an umbrella. HBPD informed the complainant that the city’s turtle protection ordinance prohibits leaving furniture and toys on the beach overnight.
• June 21, 7700 block of Gulf Drive, theft. The HBPD received a report of a bicycle theft. The bike was described as green, old and rusty, with three wheels.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.