Island police blotter
• July 12, 200 block of Willow Avenue, assist. The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office assisted an IRS agent in the seizure of four motorcycles from a residence.
• July 15, 200 block of Bay Boulevard, found bone. The MCSO responded to the beach, where a woman reported finding a small bone in her son’s collection of seashells. The bone was collected by MCSO.
• July 15, 200 block of Oak Avenue, criminal mischief. The MCSO responded to a complaint that someone had damaged the front door to a residence.
• July 16, 800 block of North Shore Drive, boater complaint. A Florida Fish and Wildlife, with assistance from the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office, responded to a complaint about an alleged intoxicated boater. The boater was not ticketed, but was warned about staying away from protected marine animals.
• July 17, 700 block of South Bay Boulevard, suspicious person. The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office responded to a complaint about a suspicious person, who turned out to be impaired.
• July 17, 9200 Gulf Drive, seized tag. The MCSO stopped a motorist for allegedly speeding. A records check revealed that the vehicle tag was altered. The tag was seized and the vehicle towed.
• July 18, 10000 block of Gulf Drive, theft. The MCSO responded to the White Egret, which reported that someone removed a purse from the store.
• July 18, 100 block of Beach Avenue, found property. A wallet, hat, medication vial, lighter and sunglasses were found at a construction site.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• July 20, 200 block of Bay Drive North, domestic disturbance. The Bradenton Beach Police Department responded to a call about a domestic disturbance. A man and woman had been fighting. The woman told officers she wanted to leave, and she did.
• July 20, 900 block of Gulf Drive, vehicle burglary. The BBPD responded to a report of a vehicle burglary at Cortez Beach. Someone stole a purse, wallet, identification, credit and gift cards and $20 in cash.
• July 20, Coquina Beach, Segway complaint. Two adults complained to BBPD about four Segway riders on the multi-use path at the beach. Two of the riders were young, and one was going too fast, lost control and fell. The complainants said they could have been seriously injured.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• July 11, 2800 block of Avenue E, burglary to vehicle. The Holmes Beach Police Department responded to a report that someone smashed the window on a vehicle and removed a GPS device.
• July 12, 200 block of Haverkos Court, domestic dispute. The Holmes Beach Police Department and the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office responded to a residence in reference to a domestic matter. No further information was available.
• July 13, 300 block of 62nd Street, theft. The HBPD responded to a report that someone took a refrigerator, air-conditioner air handler and copper from a construction site.
• July 16, 4000 block of Second Avenue, battery, resisting arrest. The HBPD responded to a residence, where officers arrested a man for allegedly striking, pushing and spitting on another person. The man also attempted to flee police, according to the report.
• July 17, 5300 block of Holmes Boulevard, theft. The HBPD responded to a report that someone removed a chair valued at $40 from outside a shop.
• July 17, 500 block of 69th Street, theft. The HBPD took a report of a bicycle theft from outside a home.