Wednesday, July 27
5 to 7 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business card exchange at Sunrise Garden Resort, 512 Spring Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
Monday, Aug. 1
2 to 4 p.m. — Young at Art youth camp begins at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-2099. Fee applies.
Wednesday, Aug. 3
1:15 p.m. — Gulf Coast Writers will meet at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-496-4462.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Wednesdays, two hours before sunset, the city of Bradenton Beach hosts a sunset party with entertainer Mike Sales at Katie Pierola Sunset Park, 2200 block of Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-448-5798.
• Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., view landscape painter David Dunlop’s video series “Landscapes Through Time,” at the Studio at Gulf and Pine, 10101 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1906.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures Group meets for outings to various locations. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Fridays, 7 to 10 p.m., drum circle with Mike Sales and Scott Blum at Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-526-6789.
• Saturdays through Aug. 13, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., fishing excursions for kids departing from the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908. Fee applies.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Friday, July 29
5 p.m. — Splash Film Series: “Morning Light,” at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-4131. Fee applies.
• Aug. 4, Anna Maria Island Privateers “Walk the Plank” party, Cortez Clam Factory.
• Aug. 5, Splash Film Series: “Passage,” South Florida Museum.
• Aug. 6, Family night at the museum, South Florida Museum.
Save the Date:
• Aug. 27, O’Connor Bowling Challenge, AMF Lanes, Bradenton.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.