• Aug. 13, 100 block of Crescent Drive, information. A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy stopped to check on a home that was not occupied but a garage door was open. He called for assistance in the event there had been a burglary, but nothing was reported missing or disturbed.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• No new reports.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Aug. 15, 10200 block of Cortez Road, stolen tag. The MCSO took a report that someone removed a license plate from a parked auto.
• Aug. 15, 10200 block of Cortez Road, criminal mischief. The MCSO filed a report on a complaint that someone poured sugar into a gasoline tank. About $1,000 in damages was done.
• Aug. 16, 3700 block of 116th Court West, grand theft. The MCSO responded to a complaint from a man who said his roommate made unauthorized purchases with his bank card. He alleged that more than $5,000 was spent.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• Aug. 8, 5300 block of Gulf Drive, petit theft. The Holmes Beach Police Department invested a report of a theft at Island Fitness. An envelope containing petty cash was found on the floor, along with $2 and a key. About $174 was taken.
• Aug. 10, 6600 block of Holmes Boulevard, theft. The HBPD took a report that someone stole a black beach-style bike valued at about $150.
• Aug. 10, 300 block of 64th Street, burglary to a vehicle. HBPD received a report that someone stole a wallet containing $200 in cash and credit and debit cards, and a CD box from an unlocked vehicle.
• Aug. 10, 100 block of 68th Street, burglary to a vehicle. Someone took an iPod Touch, a skimboard, a backpack containing clothing and credit cards, $25 in cash from a parked pickup truck.
• Aug. 11, 3200 block of East Bay Drive, theft. Someone stole a steel cart from the Subway.
• Aug. 11, 5600 block of Guava Street, criminal mischief. The HBPD took a report from a man who said someone vandalized his Porsche, spray-painting the hood and convertible top.
• Aug. 13, 100 block of 69th Street, burglary to a vehicle. The HBPD received a report that someone took a purse, mobile phone, ID card, car keys and about $60 in cash from a vehicle.
• Aug. 14, 8300 block of Marina Court, theft. A resident reported to HBPD that someone took power tools from his garage.
• Aug. 18, 100 block of 47th Street, theft. Someone stole a grill and propane tank from a rental property.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.