Wednesday, Aug. 24
5 to 7 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business-card exchange at Whitney Bank, 5324 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
5 to 8 p.m. — “Women on Wine” gathering at the Bridge Street Bistro, 111 Gulf Drive S., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-779-2123.
FRIDAY ….chamber ribbon cutting?
Sunday, Aug. 28
Noon to 3 p.m. — Manatee Young Professionals Beach Bash at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-748-4842 ext 133. Fee applies.
Tuesday, Aug. 30
6 p.m. — Volunteer reception and information session for Anna Maria Elementary School at the Sandbar Restaurant, 100 Spring Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-5525.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Wednesdays, two hours before sunset, the city of Bradenton Beach hosts a sunset party with entertainer Mike Sales at Katie Pierola Sunset Park, 2200 block of Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-448-5798.
• Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., view landscape painter David Dunlop’s video series “Landscapes Through Time,” at the Studio at Gulf and Pine, 10101 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria, through Sept. 15. Information: 941-778-1906.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures Group meets for outings to various locations. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Fridays, sunset, drum circle with Mike Sales and Scott Blum at Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-526-6789.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Friday, Aug. 26
5 p.m. — Contender Film Series: “Spellbound” at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-4131. Fee applies.
Saturday, Aug. 27
11 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Children’s Summit at Manatee Civic Center, One Haben Blvd., Palmetto. Information: 941-749-3030.
5 to 9 p.m. — O’Connor Bowling Tournament at AMF Bradenton Lanes, 6696 Cortez Road, Bradenton. Information: 941-778-1908. Fee applies.
• Sept. 2, Contender Film Series: “Deep Water,” South Florida Museum.
• Sept. 7, Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business lunch, The Feast Restaurant.
Save the date for the following Anna Maria Elementary School happenings:
• Aug. 30, 6 p.m., Parent-Teacher Organization volunteer reception, Sandbar Restaurant.
• Sept. 14, picture day.
• Sept. 15, 8:45 a.m., PTO Fall Festival planning kick-off meeting, cafeteria.
• Sept. 21, PTO budget adoption meeting.
• Sept. 21, 10th annual Peace Day event.
AME is at 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. For more information, call 941-708-5525.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.