Saturday, Sept. 3
8 a.m. — Kiwanis Club at Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: xxxxxxxxxx.
Wednesday, Sept. 7
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business lunch at The Feast Restaurant, 5406 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Wednesdays, two hours before sunset, the city of Bradenton Beach hosts a sunset party with entertainer Mike Sales at Katie Pierola Sunset Park, 2200 block of Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-448-5798.
• Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., view landscape painter David Dunlop’s video series “Landscapes Through Time,” at the Studio at Gulf and Pine, 10101 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria, through Sept. 15. Information: 941-778-1906.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures Group meets for outings to various locations. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Fridays, sunset, drum circle with Mike Sales and Scott Blum at Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-526-6789.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Friday, Sept. 2
5 p.m. — Contender Film Series: “Deep Water” at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-4131. Fee applies.
Saturday, Sept. 3
8 a.m. to 10 a.m. — Sneak peek and trash cleanup of Neal Preserve, 12301 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-748-4501.
10 a.m. — Endless Summer “Crabby Saturday” party featuring crab races, dinner and karaoke at the Bradenton Elks Lodge no. 1511, 2511 75th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-896-3535.
Sunday, Sept. 4
10 a.m. to 9 p.m. — Endless Summer “Island Getaway Barbecue” party featuring music, prize drawings and dinner at the Bradenton Elks Lodge no. 1511, 2511 75th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-896-3535. Proceeds benefit the Harry Anna Foundation camp and children’s therapy services.
Monday, Sept. 5
Noon to 4:30 p.m. — Labor day party featuring a classic car show, lunch and music at the Bradenton Elks Lodge no. 1511, 2511 75th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-896-3535.
• Sept. 9, Contender Film Series: “Kings of Pastry,” South Florida Museum.
• Sept. 11, Manatee County 9-11 Remembrance Ride, Cortez Road to Coquina Beach.
• Sept. 13, Flu shots, Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce.
• Sept. 13, Coffee and Conversations, Anna Maria Island Community Center.
Save the Date:
• Sept. 17, Ladies Day Out luncheon, Manatee Players.
• Sept. 17, Beach City Candidate Forum, Island Branch Library.
Save the date for the following Anna Maria Elementary School happenings:
• Sept. 14, picture day.
• Sept. 15, 8:45 a.m., Parent-Teacher Organization Fall Festival planning kick-off meeting, cafeteria.
• Sept. 21, PTO budget meeting.
• Sept. 21, 10th annual Peace Day event.
AME is at 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. For more information, call 941-708-5525.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.