Wednesday, Sept. 21
7 p.m. — International Peace Day celebration at Anna Maria Elementary School, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-708-5525.
Saturday, Sept. 24
Noon to 4 p.m. — Corn Hole Tournament at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908. Fee applies.
Monday, Sept. 26
11:30 a.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce golf outing at the Bradenton Country Club, 4646 Ninth Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
Tuesday, Sept. 27
4 to 5:30 p.m. — Inquiring Minds cross-denominational Bible study group meets at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-4579.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Tuesdays, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., coffee and conversations for seniors at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Second Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m., Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 8199 meets at the volunteer fire station, 201 Second St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-4400.
• Wednesdays, two hours before sunset, the city of Bradenton Beach hosts a sunset party with entertainer Mike Sales at Katie Pierola Sunset Park, 2200 block of Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-448-5798.
• Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures Group meets for outings to various locations. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Fridays, sunset, drum circle with Mike Sales at Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-526-6789.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Wednesday, Sept. 21
10 a.m. — Bradenton Opera Guild meeting with guest performance by Christina Pier at IMG Academies Country Club at El Conquistador, 4350 El Conquistador Pkwy., Bradenton. Information: 941-755-7426.
Thursday, Sept. 22
7:30 p.m. — “The Sound of Music” opens at Manatee Players, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton, through Oct. 9. Information: 941-748-5875. Fee applies.
Friday, Sept. 23
5 p.m. — Contender Film Series: “Murderball” at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-4131. Fee applies.
7 to 9:30 p.m. — Starry night paddle through Robinson Preserve, 1704 99th St. NW, Bradenton. Information: 941-742-5757 ext. 7. Bring your own kayak/canoe.
Saturday, Sept. 24
7:30 a.m. — Manatee Glens ninth annual Walk for Life begins at Sutton Park, 1025 Sixth St. W., Palmetto. Information: 941-782-4299. Fee applies.
1 to 4 p.m. — Music on the porch at the Florida Maritime Museum, 4415 119th St. W., Cortez. Information: 941-708-6120.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. — National Estuaries Day celebration at 1700 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 941-955-8085.
• Sept. 30, Contender Film Series: “The Heart of the Game,” South Florida Museum.
Save the Date:
• Oct. 14, Anna Maria Island Community Center Golf Outing, IMG Academies Golf and Country Club.
• Oct. 14-15, Bayfest, Pine Avenue.
Save the date for the following Anna Maria Elementary School happenings:
• Sept. 21, 6 p.m., PTO budget adoption meeting.
• Sept. 21, 7 p.m., 10th annual Peace Day event.
• Sept. 22, progress reports are sent home.
• Sept. 23, 8:30 a.m. to noon, blood drive.
• Sept. 28, 10:30 a.m., birthday book club in the media center.
AME is at 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. For more information, call 941-708-5525.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.