• Oct. 10, 500 block of South Bay Boulevard, theft. A resident reported the theft of a garbage can to the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.
• Oct. 13, 800 block of South Bay Boulevard, burglary. The MCSO investigated a burglary to a residence. Items valued at $1,600 were taken.
• Oct. 15, 100 block of Spring Avenue, burglary to vehicle. The MCSO took a report that someone entered an unlocked vehicle and removed items. Fingerprints were found.
• Oct. 18, 400 block of Magnolia Avenue, traffic complaint. The MCSO responded to a call from the mayor, who received complaints about traffic problems on Spring and Magnolia avenues because of large, commercial trucks in the area. A citation was issued.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Oct. 7, 2500 Avenue A, possession. The Bradenton Beach Police Department arrested three juveniles — ages 16 and 17 — for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Police were called to Herb Dolan Park because of youths allegedly smoking marijuana. An officer’s report stated he saw three juveniles smoking a joint. The officer also found a homemade pipe and plastic bags containing cannabis.
• Oct. 16, 1800 block of Gulf Drive North, child abuse with physical/mental injury. The Bradenton Beach Police Department arrested a woman for allegedly abusing two minor children.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO.
• Oct. 15, 3400 block of Sixth Avenue, driving on a suspended license. The Holmes Beach Police Department initially arrested a man for driving on a suspended license. He faces two additional charges — for an open container of beer allegedly found in the vehicle and for alleged possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Oct. 15, 3000 block of Avenue C, domestic battery. The HBPD arrested a 19-year-old man for domestic battery. The man allegedly repeatedly pushed his juvenile girlfriend and damaged her possessions.
• Oct. 18, 12600 block of Manatee Avenue West, traffic accident. Multiple law enforcement agencies responded to a crash that blocked eastbound traffic on the Anna Maria Island Bridge.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the BBPD, HBPD and MCSO.