The Bradenton Beach City Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1, at city hall, 107 Gulf Drive N.
The agenda includes a public hearing on a request for a special exception to erect a dock on Sarasota Bay at 500 Bay Drive S.
The planning and zoning board did not recommend approval because of concerns about boater navigation at the location.
The agenda also includes:
• Consideration of an agreement between Manatee County and the city for the policing of Coquina Beach. The county manages the beach and contracts with the city for law enforcement.
• Final reading of an ordinance repealing the city’s firearms rules to comply with a new state law.
• Final reading of an ordinance on parking that prohibits overnight parking in public lots and also prohibits the parking of RVs and other large vehicles in the lots.
• Consideration of a proposal to tent Tingley Memorial Library to eliminate termites.
• Discussion on the color of parking wheel stops — white versus yellow — in a city parking lot near the police and public works departments at Highland Avenue.
• Discussion on trimming 10 Australian pine trees along the shore at Herb Dolan Park. Property owners in the area offered to pay for the trimming.
The commission will not meet again in December, according to the city schedule.