Wednesday, Feb. 29
11 a.m. — Einstein Circle discussion on “Things We Can’t Live Without: Recent Inventions” at the Studio at Gulf and Pine, 10101 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-359-4296.
Thursday, Mar. 1
5 p.m. — Save Our Seabirds Sunset Soirée at Save Our Seabirds Center, 1708 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota. Information: 941-388-3010.
Friday, Mar. 2
5:30 p.m. — Reception for March featured artist, Barbara Hines at Island Gallery West, 5368 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6648.
5:30 p.m. — Reception for March featured artist Ginny Eitman at the Artist’s Guild of Anna Maria Island Gallery, 5414 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6694.
5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. — Reception for Art League students and juried show at Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-2099.
5:30 p.m. — Art Appreciation night at the Florida Maritime Museum at Cortez, 4415 119th St. W., Cortez. Information: 941-708-6120.
Saturday, March 3
10 a.m. — Watercolor demonstration with artist Dee Pastorius at Island Gallery West, 5368 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6648.
Sunday, Mar. 4
8 a.m. — Courtyard party fundraiser for American Cancer Society Relay for Life at AMI Concierge office, 9908 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-328-3775.
4 p.m. — Classical duo performance at Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-792-7183.
5:30 p.m. — Concert on the Lawn with the Kruger Brothers at De Soto National Memorial, 8300 De Soto Memorial Highway, Bradenton. Information: 941-792-0458, ext. 107.
Monday, Mar. 5
2 p.m. — Artists Guild of Anna Maria meeting at the Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6694.
Wednesday, Mar. 7
6 p.m. — All Island Denominations Lenten study of the Prodigal Son at Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-792-7183.
• Saturdays through March 18, 9:30 a.m.-noon, Anna Maria Island Concert Chorus and Orchestra rehearsals at Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-7853.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m., duplicate bridge games at Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-3390.
• Tuesdays, 1-2 p.m., coffee and conversations for seniors at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• First Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m., Pier Regulars meet at the Rod & Reel Pier, 875 N. Shore Drive, Anna Maria.
• Second Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m., VFW Post No. 8199 meets at the volunteer fire station, 201 Second St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-4400.
• Wednesdays, 6-8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 5-7 p.m., Thirsty Thursday hosted by Bridge Street Merchants on Bridge Street, Bradenton Beach.
• Thursdays through March, Bingo at Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23 St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-1915.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures Group meets for outings to various locations. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Third Fridays, 5-8 p.m., Pine Avenue Porch Party
in Anna Maria. Information: 941-896-3132.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
• Sundays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Bridge Street Market hosted by Bridge Street Merchants, Bradenton Beach. Information: 215-906-0668.
Thursday, Feb. 23 — Sunday, March 11
Times vary — Production of AIDA at Manatee Players Theatre, 102 Old Main St., downtown Bradenton. Tickets: $25 for adults and $11 for students. For information and to reserve tickets, call 941-748-5875 or visit www.manateeplayers.com.
Wednesday, Feb. 29
1-2 p.m. and 6:30-7:30 p.m. — “Hear the stories behind the quilts” with Quilt Storyteller, Jeanne Wright at Manatee Village Historical Park, 1404 Manatee Ave. East, Bradenton. Free admission, donations appreciated. To preregister, call 941-741-4075. Information: 941-741-4075 or email email@example.com.
Friday, Mar. 1
1 p.m. — Royal Rummage Sale V, early bird sale, at St. Mary, Star of the Sea, 4280 Gulf Drive. Information: 941-383-1255. $5 fee.
Saturday, Mar. 3
8 a.m. — Manatee County Audubon Open House at Felts Audobon Preserve, 4600 24th Ave. E., Palmetto. Information: 941-729-2222.
8 a.m. — U.S. Coast Guard Flotillas 81 and 85 ABS boating course. Information: 941-758-5500 or 941-723-4344. $35 fee.
9 a.m. — Royal Rummage Sale V, regular sale, at St. Mary, Star of the Sea, 4280 Gulf Drive. Information: 941-383-1255. Free.
10 a.m. — 36th Annual Longboat Key Garden Club Home Tour. Information: 941-383-1406 or 941-383-4818. $20 fee.
• March 10, Manatee County Audubon workshop on Manatee County shorebirds, Cypress Street beach access, Anna Maria.
• March 10, missions fundraising sale, Christ Church of Longboat Key.
• March 13, Island Player’s “Solid Gold Cadillac,” benefit for American Cancer Society, Players Theater.
• March 13, Roser Church Guild Thrift Shop annual style show and luncheon, Roser Memorial Community Church.
• March 14, Wine tasting to benefit the Anna Maria Island Community Center, Harry’s Continental Kitchen Gourmet Deli and Wine Shop.
• March 14, Off-Stage Ladies March luncheon, Beach House Restaurant.
Save the Date:
• March 17, 19th annual Tour of Homes.
• March 17, St. Patrick’s Day Dinner Dance, St. Bernard’s Church.
• March 17, Palma Sola Botanical Park plants, antiques and crafts sales event.
• March 18, Beach Bistro’s 15th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
• April 13 and April 14, Island Cityfest – A
Holmes Beach Founders Day Celebration, Holmes Beach City Hall Field, 5801 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Free Admission. Information: 941-778-1541.
Save the date for the following Anna Maria Elementary School happenings:
• March 2, Spring picture day.
• March 2, Read Across America. AME alumnae return to read to AME students; students celebrate birthday of Dr. Suess.
• March 6, 9:15 a.m., PTO board meeting, conference room.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.