8 Islander Calendar
Wednesday, March 7
6 p.m. — Lenten Soup Supper and Study of the Prodigal Son, Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., 941-778-0414.
Saturday, March 10
8 a.m.-3 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Privateers Thieves Market and Bake Sale, Coquina Beach, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-722-3212.
8 a.m. — Manatee County Audubon Society workshop on shorebirds at Cypress Street beach access, Anna Maria. Fee applies. Information: 941-729-2222.
10 a.m.-noon — Island Gallery West mixed-media demonstration. Information: 941-778-6648.
Tuesday, March 13
Noon — Roser Church Guild Thrift Shop annual style show and luncheon at Roser Church Fellowship Hall, 512 Pine Ave. Reservations required. Fee applies. Information: 941-778-4570.
8 p.m. — Island Players present “The Solid Gold Cadillac,” benefit for American Cancer Society, 10009 Gulf Drive. Fee applies. Information: 941-799-2181.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m., duplicate bridge games at Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-3390.
• Tuesdays, 1-2 p.m., coffee and conversations for seniors at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• First Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m., Pier Regulars meet at the Rod & Reel Pier, 875 N. Shore Drive, Anna Maria.
• Second Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m., VFW Post No. 8199 meets at the volunteer fire station, 201 Second St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-4400.
• Wednesdays, 6-8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 5-7 p.m., Thirsty Thursday hosted by Bridge Street Merchants on Bridge Street, Bradenton Beach, Information: 215-906-0668.
• Thursdays through March, bingo at Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23rd St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-1915.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures Group meets for outings to various locations. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
• Saturdays through March 18, 9:30 a.m.-noon, Anna Maria Island Concert Chorus and Orchestra rehearsals at Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-7853.
• Sundays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Bridge Street Market hosted by Bridge Street Merchants, Bradenton Beach. Information: 215-906-0668.
Thursday, March 8-Sunday, March 11
Times vary —AIDA at Manatee Players, 102 Old Main St., downtown Bradenton. Fee applies. Information: 941-748-5875.
Friday, March 9-Saturday, March 10
10 a.m. – 4p.m. — The Fine Art Society of Sarasota Creators and Collectors Suncoast Art Show, self-guided studio tours, gallery exhibition at the Ringling College of Art and Design, 2700 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota. Fee applies. Information: 941-330-0680.
• March 14, Wine tasting to benefit the Anna Maria Island Community Center, Harry’s Continental Kitchens Gourmet Deli and Wine Shop, Longboat Key.
• March 14, Off-Stage Ladies March luncheon, Beach House Restaurant, Bradenton Beach.
• March 15-April 1, Island Players, “The Solid Gold Cadillac,” 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-5755.
• March 17, 19th annual Tour of Homes.
• March 17, St. Patrick’s Day Dinner Dance, St. Bernard Catholic Church.
• March 17, Palma Sola Botanical Park plants, antiques and crafts sales event.
• March 18, Beach Bistro’s 15th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
• March 18, Roser Memorial Community Church Cantata.
Save the Date:
• March 31, Affaire to Remember, Anna Maria Island Community Center.
• April 13-14, Island Cityfest — a Holmes Beach Founders Day Celebration, Holmes Beach.
• April 28, AME Spring Fling, Anna Maria Island Community Center.
• Spring break March 12-16.
• March 20-21, tryouts for AME Talent Show.
• 5 p.m. PTO dinner and 7 p.m. March 27 AME Talent Show.
• April 28 Spring Fling at the Anna Maria Island Community Center.
AME is at 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. For more information, call 941-708-5525.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.