Wednesday, May 2
• 5-7 p.m. — Family Science Night and Book Fair, Anna Maria Elementary School, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-708-5525, ext. 2040.
Thursday, May 3
• 11 a.m. — 61st National Day of Prayer, All Island Denominations, Holmes Beach gazebo, 59th Street and Flotilla Drive.
• 2-4 p.m. — Friends of the Library knit-and-crochet group, Island Gourmet, 5910 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, Information: 941-586-1378.
• 6 p.m. — Georgia Gibbons benefit, Sandbar Restaurant pavilion, 100 Spring Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-3232.
Friday, May 4
• 5:30-7:30 p.m. — Creative Color, an all-media art show and reception, Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd. Information: 941-778-2099.
Saturday, May 5
• 8 a.m. — Island 5K Run and 1-Mile Family Fun Run, Bayfront Park, 316 N. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Information: 941-747-8726.
• 11 a.m.-7 p.m. — Food and Wine on Pine, including free tours at Anna Maria Historical Society museum, 402 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Fees apply. Information: 941-778-8705.
• 6:30 p.m. — Manatee-Sarasota Sierra Club Island Potluck and Evening Stroll at Bayfront Park, 310 N. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Fee applies. Information: 941-752-3200.
Saturday May 19 – Sunday, May 20
• Longboat Key Challenge, a Regatta-Island Style, Bayfront Park and Recreation Center, 4052 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Fee applies. Information: 941-383-2466.
• Through May 24, “Artists and Animals of Myakka” exhibit, Durante Gallery and Cultural Media Room, Longboat Key Center for the Arts, Ringling College of Art and Design, 6860 Longboat Drive S., Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-2345.
• Third Mondays, noon, through May, Anna Maria Island Democratic Club, BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee applies. Information: 941-779-0564.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m., duplicate bridge games at Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-3390.
• Tuesdays, 1-2 p.m., coffee and conversation for seniors at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• First Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m., Pier Regulars meet at the Rod & Reel Pier, 875 N. Shore Drive, Anna Maria.
• Second Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m., VFW Post No. 8199 meets at the volunteer fire station, 201 Second St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-4400.
• Wednesdays, 6-8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 5-7 p.m., Thirsty Thursday hosted by Bridge Street Merchants on Bridge Street, Bradenton Beach, Information: 215-906-0668.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-761-8834.
• May 9, Hearing Health seminar, Senior Adventures, Annie Silver Community Center, 102 23rd St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-962-8835.
• May 9, Kentucky Derby luncheon, Off Stage Ladies of Island Players, Gulf Drive Cafe & Tiki, 900 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee applies. Information: 941-799-2181.
• May 10-20, “Fools,” Island Players, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Fee applies. Information: 941-778-5755.
• May 12, Manatee Children’s Services Band Slam, Sarasota Bradenton International Convention Center, 8005 15th St. E., Sarasota. Fee applies. Information: 941-504-5208.
• May 12, Sister Keys Cleanup, Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub, Longboat Key, shuttle by Kathleen D. Information: 941-953-5333.
Save the Date:
• May 26, Bradenton/Sarasota Deep Sky Observers, Sidewalk Astronomy, city field, 5801 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-342-9632
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.