Wednesday, May 9
• 10 a.m. — Hearing Health seminar, Senior Adventures, Annie Silver Community Center, 102 23rd St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-962-8835.
• 11:30 a.m. — Off Stage Ladies of Island Players Kentucky Derby luncheon, Gulf Drive Cafe & Tiki, 900 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee applies. Information: 941-799-2181.
Thursday, May 10
• 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. — 15th Anniversary Roser Guild Thrift Store, reception, 511 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 248-380-4358.
Thursday, May 10-Sunday, May 20
•Tuesday-Saturday 8 p.m., 2 p.m. Sunday — “Fools,” Island Players, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Fee applies. Information: 941-778-5755.
Friday, May 11
• 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Two-Bits, Four-Bits Book Sale and Potluck Brunch, Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23rd St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-962-8835.
Saturday, May 12
• National Association of Letter Carriers Stamp Out Hunger food drive at your mailbox and Bradenton Beach Post Office lobby, 116 Bridge St. Information: 941-807-5669.
• 8 a.m. — Sister Keys Cleanup, Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub, Longboat Key, shuttle by Kathleen D. Information: 941-953-5333
• Noon-midnight. — Manatee Children’s Services Band Slam, Sarasota Bradenton International Convention Center, 8005 15th St. E., Sarasota. Fee applies. Information: 941-504-5208.
• Noon-6 p.m. — Benefit for Scooter Tillison, Drift In parking lot, 120 Bridge St., Bradenton Beach.
Tuesday, May 15
• 6:30-8 p.m. — Anna Maria Elementary School, mother-son luau, Sandbar Restaurant, 100 Spring Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-5525, ext. 2000.
Thursday, May 10
• 8-9:30 a.m. — Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce Small Business Seminar, Holiday Inn Lido Beach, 233 Ben Franklin Drive, Sarasota. Fee applies. Information: 941-383-2466.
Saturday May 19 – Sunday, May 20
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday —Longboat Key Challenge, a Regatta-Island Style, Bayfront Park and Recreation Center, 4052 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Fee applies. Information: 941-383-2466.
• Through May 24, “Artists and Animals of Myakka” exhibit, Durante Gallery and Cultural Media Room, Longboat Key Center for the Arts, Ringling College of Art and Design, 6860 Longboat Drive S., Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-2345.
• Third Mondays, noon, through May, Anna Maria Island Democratic Club, BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee applies. Information: 941-779-0564.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m., duplicate bridge games at Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-3390.
• Tuesdays, 1-2 p.m., coffee and conversation for seniors at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• First Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m., Pier Regulars, Rod & Reel Pier, 875 N. Shore Drive, Anna Maria.
• Second Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m., VFW Post No. 8199 meets at the volunteer fire station, 201 Second St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-4400.
• Wednesdays, 6-8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 5-7 p.m., Thirsty Thursday hosted by Bridge Street Merchants on Bridge Street, Bradenton Beach, Information: 215-906-0668.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-761-8834.
• May 26, Anna Maria Island Privateers 58th annual Snooks Adams Kids Day, Bayfront Park, 316 N. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Information: 941-920-3989.
• May 26, Bradenton/Sarasota Deep Sky Observers, Sidewalk Astronomy, city field, 5801 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-342-9632.
Save the Date:
• June 2-3, Anna Maria Island Privateers blood drive, St. Bernard Catholic Church, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-753-1577.
• June 9, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Sun Coast, Cooking for Kids/Summer Nights, Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Fee applies. Information: 941-488-4009.
• June 9, Scallopalooza, Sarasota Yacht Club, 1100 John Ringling Blvd., Sarasota. Fee applies. Information: 941-953-5333.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.