Friday, June 29
• 5-10 p.m. — Save Our Ship Concert to benefit Anna Maria Island Privateers, Holmes Beach city field, 5801 Marina Drive. Information: 941-536-4257
Monday, July 2
• Shortly after dusk — Fourth annual Boom Boom on the Bay at the Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant, 760 Broadway St., Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-2391.
Tuesday, July 3
• Shortly after dusk — 19th annual Fireworks Extravaganza, BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-779-2222
Wednesday, July 4
• Shortly after dusk — 26th annual Sandbar Fireworks Spectacular, Sandbar Restaurant, 100 Spring Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-8709.
• 10 a.m.-noon — Anna Maria Island Privateers Fourth of July Parade, Coquina Beach, Bradenton Beach, to Bayfront Park, Anna Maria, and noon 2012 Scholarship Award Party, Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-780-1668.
Friday, June 29
• 10 a.m. — Chamber of Commerce of Longboat Key, Lido Key, St. Armands Key Invitational Golf Tournament, Longboat Key Club Islandside, 301 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Fee applies. Information: 941-383-2466.
• Through July 14, “Fishing for Life,” Mark Cohen photography exhibit, Florida Maritime Museum, 4415 119th St. W., Cortez. Information: 941-708-6120.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Wednesdays, 6-8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 7 a.m., weather permitting, Anna Maria Island Turtle Watch and Shorebird Monitoring, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 248-982-5600.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 5-7 p.m., Thirsty Thursday hosted by Bridge Street Merchants, Bradenton Beach, Information: 215-906-0668.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures, low-cost field trips from Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23rd St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Third Fridays, 5-8 p.m., Pine Avenue Porch Party to benefit Roser Food Pantry at Anna Maria Pine Avenue stores and boutiques. Information: 941-896-3132.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-761-8834.
• July 5, North End Merchants Organization third annual post-July Fourth cleanup, Pine Avenue General Store, 307 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-3316 or 248-568-2160.
• July 7, Manatee Sarasota Sierra Club, Longboat Key Turtle Watch Group Walk, Longboat Key Hilton, 4711 Gulf of Mexico Drive. Meet at the pool. Information: 941-752-3200.
• July 21, Wildlife Awareness Festival, Snooty’s 64th Birthday, South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-729-9177, ext. 243.
Save the Date
• Sept. 24, 13th annual Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Lucky 13 Golf Outing for Scholarships, Bradenton Country Club, 4646 Ninth Ave. W., Bradenton. Fee applies. Information: 941-224-1337 or 941-284-2523.
• Nov. 17, Enjoy the Bay, Sarasota Bay Water Festival, Sarasota Bay Estuary Program, Ken Thompson Park, 1700 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota. Information: 941-955-8085.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.