Wednesday, July 4
• Shortly after dusk — 26th annual Sandbar Fireworks Spectacular, Sandbar Restaurant, 100 Spring Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-8709.
• 10 a.m. July 4, Anna Maria Island Privateers Fourth of July Parade from Coquina Beach, Bradenton Beach, to Bayfront Park, Anna Maria. Information: 941-780-1668.
• 10 a.m. July 4, Anna Maria Island Privateers Fourth of July and 2012 Scholarship Award Party, Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-780-1668.
Thursday, July 5
• 7 a.m. — North End Merchants Organization third annual post-July Fourth cleanup, Pine Avenue General Store, 307 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-3316 or 248-568-2160.
Friday, July 6
• 7-10 p.m — Musician Ted Stevens’ “Dead End Dragstrip” CD release party, Island Time Bar & Grill, 111 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-782-1122.
Saturday, July 7
• 6:30 a.m. — Manatee-Sarasota Sierra Club, Longboat Key Turtle Watch Group Walk, Longboat Key Hilton, 4711 Gulf of Mexico Drive. Meet at the pool. Information: 941-752-3200.
• Through July 14, “Fishing for Life,” Mark Cohen photography exhibit, Florida Maritime Museum, 4415 119th St. W., Cortez. Information: 941-708-6120.
• Tuesdays, July 17 through July 31, 2-5 p.m., Haircuts to benefit Anna Maria Island Art League, Head Quarters Salon, 5376 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-2586.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Wednesdays, 6-8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 7 a.m., weather permitting, Anna Maria Island Turtle Watch and Shorebird Monitoring, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 248-982-5600.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 5-7 p.m., Thirsty Thursday hosted by Bridge Street Merchants, Bradenton Beach, Information: 215-906-0668.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures, low-cost field trips from Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23rd St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Third Fridays, 5-8 p.m., Pine Avenue Porch Party to benefit Roser Food Pantry at Anna Maria Pine Avenue stores and boutiques. Information: 941-896-3132.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-761-8834.
• July 14,“Art in the Courtyard,” Local artists sale to benefit Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-2099.
• July 21, Wildlife Awareness Festival, Snooty’s 64th Birthday, South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-729-9177 Ext. 243.
Save the Date
• Sept. 24, 13th annual Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Lucky 13 Golf Outing for Scholarships, Bradenton Country Club, 4646 Ninth Ave. W., Bradenton. Fee applies. Information: 941-224-1337 or 941-284-2523.
• Nov. 17, Enjoy the Bay, Sarasota Bay Water Festival, Sarasota Bay Estuary Program, Ken Thompson Park, 1700 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota. Information: 941-955-8085.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.