Friday, July 20
• 11 a.m., Senior Adventures, “Cracker Cowboy Poet” storyteller Hank Mattson, Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23rd St. N., Bradenton Beach. Fee applies. Information: 941-962-8835.
Saturday, July 21
• 3:30-8 p.m., Art in the Courtyard, local artists’ indoor-outdoor sale to benefit Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-2099.
Saturday, July 21
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Wildlife Awareness Festival, Snooty’s 64th Birthday, South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-729-9177 Ext. 243.
• 2-5 p.m. Tuesdays, July 17-July 31, haircuts to benefit Anna Maria Island Art League, Head Quarters Salon, 5376 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-2586.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Wednesdays, 6-8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 7 a.m., weather permitting, Anna Maria Island Turtle Watch and Shorebird Monitoring, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 248-982-5600.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 5-7 p.m., Thirsty Thursday hosted by Bridge Street Merchants, Bradenton Beach, Information: 215-906-0668.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures, low-cost field trips from Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23rd St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Third Fridays, 5-8 p.m., Pine Avenue Porch Party to benefit Roser Food Pantry at Anna Maria Pine Avenue stores and boutiques. Information: 941-896-3132.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-761-8834.
Save the Date
• Aug. 11, Operation American Pride Inc., Honor A Vet Bowling Bash, AMF Lanes, 4208 Cortez Road W., Bradenton. Fee applies. Information: 941-803-8097.
• Aug. 19, Island Players Open House, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-704-2153.
• Aug. 25, Manatee County Gator Club Scholarship Fund Kick-Off Social/Casino Night. Fee applies. Information: 941-778-3319.
• Sept. 2, Allegro Music Academy, free instrumental concert and lecture, 241 Whitfield Ave., Sarasota. Information: 941-358-8511.
• Sept. 24, 13th annual Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Lucky 13 Golf Outing for Scholarships, Bradenton Country Club, 4646 Ninth Ave. W., Bradenton. Fee applies. Information: 941-224-1337 or 941-284-2523.
• Nov. 17, Enjoy the Bay, Sarasota Bay Water Festival, Sarasota Bay Estuary Program, Ken Thompson Park, 1700 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota. Information: 941-955-8085.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.