Friday, Aug. 3
• 3 p.m., Summertime Soup cooking class, Annie Silver Community Center, 103rd St. N., Bradenton Beach. Fee applies. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Through Aug. 31, Maro Lorimer’s abstract acrylic exhibit, The Studio at Gulf and Pine, 10101 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1906.
• Through Aug. 11, Marty Tupin’s abstract art exhibit, Florida Maritime Museum, 4415 119th St. W., Cortez. Information: 941-708-6121.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 7 a.m., weather permitting, Anna Maria Island Turtle Watch and Shorebird Monitoring, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 248-982-5600.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, 5-7 p.m., Thirsty Thursday hosted by Bridge Street Merchants, Bradenton Beach, Information: 215-906-0668.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures, low-cost field trips from Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23rd St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Third Fridays, 5-8 p.m., Pine Avenue Porch Party to benefit Roser Food Pantry at Anna Maria Pine Avenue stores and boutiques. Information: 941-896-3132.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-761-8834.
• Aug. 11, Operation American Pride Inc., Honor A Vet Bowling Bash, AMF Lanes, 4208 Cortez Road W., Bradenton. Fee applies. Information: 941-803-8097.
• Aug. 19, Island Players Open House, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-704-2153.
• Aug. 25, Manatee County Gator Club Scholarship Fund Kick-Off Social/Casino Night. Fee applies. Information: 941-778-3319.
Save the Date
• Sept. 2, Allegro Music Academy, free instrumental concert and lecture, 241 Whitfield Ave., Sarasota. Information: 941-358-8511.
• Sept. 24, 13th annual Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Lucky 13 Golf Outing for Scholarships, Bradenton Country Club, 4646 Ninth Ave. W., Bradenton. Fee applies. Information: 941-224-1337 or 941-284-2523.
• Nov. 11, Popular Light Classics, CrossPointe Fellowship Church, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, Classics. Fee applies. Information: 941-778-8585.
• Nov. 17, Enjoy the Bay, Sarasota Bay Water Festival, Sarasota Bay Estuary Program, Ken Thompson Park, 1700 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota. Information: 941-955-8085.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.