• Aug. 30, 100 S. Bay Blvd., criminal mischief. A complainant reported the passenger side doors on his rental car had been vandalized. Someone scratched it with a sharp object.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Sept. 1, Sandpiper Resort, multiple burglaries. Bradenton Beach Police Department is reporting up to eight burglaries occurred at various residences in the Sandpiper Resort. Police say only flat-screen televisions were stolen despite other valuables being nearby. In most cases, suspects gained entry by breaking out small windows.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Aug. 30, 6030 14th St. W., Bradenton, petit theft. A 53-year-old Cortez woman was arrested at a Bradenton Publix grocery store on a misdemeanor theft charge. According to the MCSO report, the woman put items totaling $116 into her shopping cart, but covered the items with a blanket and large hat. The woman paid for the items above the blanket, but walked out of the store without paying for the remaining items. Loss prevention apprehended the woman and held her until deputies arrived. According to the report, the woman said she takes medication for memory loss and forgot to pay for the items.
• Sept. 5, 10004 Cortez Road W., Bradenton, armed home invasion. A woman reported a man dressed in black and carrying a silver revolver made entry through her front door at the San Remo Apartments. Upon entry, the man put the gun to her head and pushed her back into the apartment, at which time he lifted a cushion of the couch, locating $300 and a debit card. The man fled the apartment complex toward Cortez.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Reports not available due to HBPD technical issues.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.