Thursday, Sept. 6
• 6 p.m., Captain’s meeting, Galati Yacht Sales Labor Day Billfish Tournament, Galati Yachts, 900 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Fee applies. Information: 941-778-0755.
Friday, Sept. 7
• 6 a.m., fishing begins, Galati Yacht Sales Labor Day Billfish Tournament, Galati Yachts, 900 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Fee applies. Information: 941-778-0755.
Saturday, Sept. 8
• 1-3 p.m., Galati Yacht Sales Labor Day Billfish Tournament fishing ends 8:30 a.m. Weigh-in for dolphin, tuna and wahoo begins at 1 p.m. The public is welcome. Galati Yachts, 900 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-0755.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 7 a.m., weather permitting, Anna Maria Island Turtle Watch and Shorebird Monitoring, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 248-982-5600.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays, Sept. 6 through Dec. 20, except Thanksgiving, 10:30 a.m., Make a Child Smile story and craft hour, Tingley Memorial Library, 111 2nd St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-779-1208.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures, low-cost field trips from Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23rd St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Third Fridays, 5-8 p.m., Pine Avenue Porch Party to benefit Roser Food Pantry at Anna Maria Pine Avenue stores and boutiques. Information: 941-896-3132.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-761-8834.
• Sept. 13, St. Bernard Catholic Church Council of Catholic Women season welcome meeting, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-4769.
• Sept. 24, 13th annual Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Lucky 13 Golf Outing for Scholarships, Bradenton Country Club, 4646 Ninth Ave. W., Bradenton. Fee applies. Information: 941-224-1337 or 941-284-2523.
Save the Date
• Nov. 3, Nautical and Landlubber Treasure Show, Anna Maria Island Sail and Power Squadron, 1200 71st St. NW, Bradenton. Information: 941-761-1860.
• Nov. 11, Popular Light Classics, CrossPointe Fellowship Church, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, Classics. Fee applies. Information: 941-778-8585.
• Nov. 17, Enjoy the Bay, Sarasota Bay Water Festival, Sarasota Bay Estuary Program, Ken Thompson Park, 1700 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota. Information: 941-955-8085.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.
Thursday, Sept. 6
• 8:45 a.m., PTO Fall Festival kick-off meeting, auditorium.
Monday, Sept. 10
• 3:15 p.m., SAC meeting, media room.
Tuesday, Sept. 11
• 8:45 a.m., PTO board meeting, conference room.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
• 5-8 p.m., Family Fun Night.
Friday, Sept. 21
• 9 a.m., Peace Day celebration.
Anna Maria Elementary School, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, 941-708-5525, www.manatee.k12.fl.us/sites/elementary/annamaria.