Thursday, Sept. 13
• 10 a.m.-noon, Coffee with Commissioner Jean Peelen, Paradise Cafe, 3210 East Bay Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-896-5827.
• Noon, St. Bernard Catholic Church Council of Catholic Women luncheon, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-4769.
• 6-8 p.m., Bridge Street Merchant’s Thirsty Thursdays-Fish Hole Miniature Golf 50/50 Blackjack Tournament, The Fish Hole, 115 Bridge St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-3388.
Wednesday, Sept. 19
Noon, Anna Maria Island Democratic Club, Dennis Maley guest speaker, Beachhouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-779-0564.
Monday, Sept. 17
• 1 p.m., Manatee-Sarasota Sierra Club, Bradenton Central Library, 1301 Barcarrota Blvd., Bradenton. Information: 941-794-3878.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
• 8:15 p.m., World War II Veterans Honor Flight Welcome Home, St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport baggage claim, 14700 Terminal Blvd., Clearwater. Information: 813-842-5843.
• Tuesdays through Oct. 2, Magic of Manatee Sweet Adelines, free vocal lessons, Bradenton Christian School, 3304 43rd Street W., Bradenton. Information: 941-778-6222.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 7 a.m., weather permitting, Anna Maria Island Turtle Watch and Shorebird Monitoring, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 248-982-5600.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays through Dec. 20, except Thanksgiving, 10:30 a.m., Make a Child Smile story and craft hour, Tingley Memorial Library, 111 2nd St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-779-1208.
• Thursdays, 6-8 p.m., Thirsty Thursdays, hosted by Bridge Street Merchants, The Fish Hole, Bradenton Beach, Information: 941-778-3388.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures, low-cost field trips from Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23rd St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Third Fridays, 5-8 p.m., Pine Avenue Porch Party to benefit Roser Food Pantry at Anna Maria Pine Avenue stores and boutiques. Information: 941-896-3132.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-761-8834.
• Sept. 21, Artists reception, Ringling College of Art and Design alumni Mark Humphrey and Dustin Juengel, Longboat Key Center for the Arts, 6860 Longboat Drive S., Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-2345.
• Sept. 24, 13th Annual Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Lucky 13 Golf Outing for Scholarships, Bradenton Country Club, 4646 Ninth Ave. W., Bradenton. Fee applies. Information: 941-224-1337 or 941-284-2523.
• Oct. 7, History of Bowed String Instruments, free concert and lecture, Allegro Music Academy, 241 Whitfield Ave., Sarasota. Information: 941-358-8511.
• Oct. 25, Fourth Annual Chowdown for Charity, Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association Manatee Chapter, Riverhouse Banquets and Weddings, 955 Riverside Drive, Palmetto. Information: 941-545-3620.
Save the Date
• Nov. 3, Nautical and Landlubber Treasure Show, Anna Maria Island Sail and Power Squadron, 1200 71st St. NW, Bradenton. Information: 941-761-1860.
• Nov. 11, Popular Light Classics, CrossPointe Fellowship Church, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, Classics. Fee applies. Information: 941-778-8585.
• Nov. 17, Enjoy the Bay, Sarasota Bay Water Festival, Sarasota Bay Estuary Program, Ken Thompson Park, 1700 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota. Information: 941-955-8085.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.
Tuesday, Sept. 11
• 8:45 a.m., Parent Teacher Organization board meeting, conference room.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
• 5-8 p.m., PTO Family Fun Night, playground.
Friday, Sept. 21
• 9 a.m., Peace Day celebration, school grounds.
Monday, Oct. 8
• 3:15 p.m., Student Advisory Council meeting, library.
Tuesday, Oct. 9
• 8:45 a.m., PTO board meeting, conference room.
Tuesday, Oct. 16
• 5-7 p.m., Third-grade dinner, cafeteria.
• 7 p.m., Third-grade play, auditorium.
Saturday, Oct. 27
• 9-11 a.m., Costume parade, Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce, 5313 Gulf Drive N. to AME.
• 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Fall Festival, school grounds.
Monday, Oct. 29
• Fall fundraiser Otis Spunkmayer sales begin.
Anna Maria Elementary School, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, 941-708-5525, www.manatee.k12.fl.us/sites/elementary/annamaria.