Wednesday, Sept. 19
Noon, Anna Maria Island Democratic Club, Dennis Maley guest speaker, BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-779-0564.
Saturday, Sept. 22
2-6 p.m., Anna Maria Island Privateers Pirate Grog Party and Tasting Competition, Drift In, 120 Bridge St., Bradenton Beach. Fee applies. Information: 941-650-8673.
7:30 p.m. or sunset, Sidewalk Astronomy, Local Group of Deep Sky Observers, Holmes Beach city field, 59th Street and Flotilla Drive. Information: 941-342-9632,
Thursday, Sept. 20
• 7:30 p.m., “Evita,” opening night, Manatee Players, Riverfront Theatre, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton. Fee applies. Information: 941-748-5875.
Friday, Sept. 21
• 5:30-7:30 p.m., Artists reception, Ringling College of Art and Design alumni Mark Humphrey and Dustin Juengel, Longboat Key Center for the Arts, 6860 Longboat Drive S., Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-2345.
Sunday, Sept. 23
• 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Gordon’s Touch a Truck Day with Anna Maria Island Privateers, Gordon Food Service Marketplace, 4605 14th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-650-8673.
Monday, Sept. 24
• 11:30 a.m., 13th Annual Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Lucky 13 Golf Outing for Scholarships, Bradenton Country Club, 4646 Ninth Ave. W., Bradenton. Fee applies. Information: 941-224-1337 or 941-284-2523
• Tuesdays through Oct. 2, Magic of Manatee Sweet Adelines, free vocal lessons, Bradenton Christian School, 3304 43rd Street W., Bradenton. Information: 941-778-6222.
• Through Oct. 7, “Evita,” Manatee Players, Riverfront Theatre, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton. Fee applies. Information: 941-748-5875.
• Tuesdays, noon, Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meetings at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Thursdays through Dec. 20, except Thanksgiving, 10:30 a.m., Make a Child Smile story and craft hour, Tingley Memorial Library, 111 2nd St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-779-1208.
• Thursdays, 6-8 p.m., Thirsty Thursdays, hosted by Bridge Street Merchants, The Fish Hole, Bradenton Beach, Information: 941-778-3388.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures, low-cost field trips from Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23rd St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Third Fridays, 5-8 p.m., Pine Avenue Porch Party to benefit Roser Food Pantry at Anna Maria Pine Avenue stores and boutiques. Information: 941-896-3132.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at the Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-761-8834.
• Sept 29, Fourth annual Sarasota Bay Fishing Line Cleanup Day, Sarasota Sailing Squadron, 1717 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota. Information: 941-232-2363.
• Oct. 6, Florida Produce Crate Label Swap Meet, Carnegie Library Basement, Palmetto Historical Park, 10th Ave. W., Palmetto. Information: 941-776-9444.
• Oct. 5-7, “A River of Art in Blue,” featuring art, music and food, Village of Arts, four blocks south of Manatee Avenue between 9th and 14th Avenues West, Bradenton. Information: 941-747-8056.
• Oct. 7, History of Bowed String Instruments, free concert and lecture, Allegro Music Academy, 241 Whitfield Ave., Sarasota. Information: 941-358-8511.
• Oct. 25, Fourth Annual Chowdown for Charity, Manatee Chapter of the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association, Riverhouse Banquets and Weddings, 955 Riverside Drive, Palmetto. Information: 941-545-3620.
Save the Date
• Nov. 3, Nautical and Landlubber Treasure Show, Anna Maria Island Sail and Power Squadron, 1200 71st St. NW, Bradenton. Information: 941-761-1860.
• Nov. 9, ArtsHop Gallery Walk, Information: 941-243-3818.
• Nov. 10, ArtsHop silent auction, The Studio at Gulf and Pine, 10101 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-243-3818.
• Nov. 10-11, Anna Maria Island Butterfly Garden Arts and Crafts Fair, Holmes Beach city field, 59th Street and Flotilla Drive.
• Nov. 11, ArtsHop drum circle, Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Manatee Ave., Holmes Beach. Information: 941-243-3818.
• Nov. 11, Anna Maria Island Concert Chorus & Orchestra performs Popular Light Classics, CrossPointe Fellowship Church, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, Classics. Fee applies. Information: 941-778-8585.
• Nov. 17, Enjoy the Bay, Sarasota Bay Water Festival, City Island, 1700 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota. Information: 941-955-8085.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.