A Labor Day weekend fishing tournament has been delayed due to poor offshore conditions, but with the former Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac pushing north this week, the fourth annual Galati Yacht Sales Labor Day Billfish Tournament.is bound to happen Sept. 6-9.
The schedule was not made available for print or the website until Sept. 4.
The schedule of events includes:
- 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6, captain’s meeting, Galati Yachts Sales, Galati Marine.
- 7 a.m., Friday, Sept. 7, fishing begins.
- 8:30 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 8, fishing ends.
- Noon-1 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 9, weigh in.
Species and Points include:
- Photo or video release.
- Blue Marlin — 501 points.
- White Marlin — 250 points.
- Sailfish — 100 points.
- Spearfish — 100 points.
- Swordfish — 50 points (2 maximum).
The fish weigh-in will include catches of dolphin, wahoo and tuna and is open to the public.
Free dockage and fuel discounts are available for participating tournament boats through Galati Yacht Sales, 900 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria.
There is a $1,500 entry fee, plus tax, per boat, with additional $500 for tuna, dolphin and wahoo.
A $2,000 entry fee applies to the billfish division. Tax is added to all boats entry fees.
The tournament is limited to 20 entries.
For more information, call Chris Galati at 941-778-0755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.