• Oct. 12, 6 Lakeview Place, motor vehicle theft. Pasco County Sheriff’s Office contacted the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office to report a stolen vehicle originating from Anna Maria was discovered in Pasco County.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• No new reports.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Oct. 12, 300 block of Clark Drive. A husband and wife came to the Holmes Beach Police Department to report the theft of 33 checks during a three-month period. According to the report, each checked was forged and cashed for $70, totaling $2,310. The couple stated they believe the suspect has a gambling problem as a possible motive for the theft.
• Oct. 12, 600 block of North Point Drive, criminal mischief. A complainant reported to police she had heard a loud noise and looked outside. She reported that two of her neighbors’ mailboxes had been knocked to the ground. Damages were estimated to be about $100.
• Oct. 12, 2900 block of Avenue E, information. A man reported to police that his wife was moving out and that she had entered the residence to remove her belongings. The man wanted to file a complaint because the wood flooring was scratched and holes were left in the wall. HBPD suggested it was a civil matter and that he should contact his attorney.
• Oct. 13, 5400 block of Gulf Drive, assist EMS. An HBPD officer responded to a possible motorcycle accident. Upon investigating the scene, it was determined the rider of a scooter had fainted and fallen off the vehicle while driving. The driver was treated by EMS at the scene and no damage was reported to the scooter.
• Oct. 13, 5400 block of Gulf Drive, D.Coy Ducks Tavern, criminal mischief. A complainant reported that two men had engaged in a physical altercation. During the fight, two black landscape lights were broken. Damages were estimated at $600.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.