• Dec. 23, 500 block of Kumquat Drive, domestic battery. A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy responded to a verbal argument that turned physical between a man and woman. According to the report, the woman initiated physical contact when she threw a table, punched and scratched the man.
• Dec. 25, 800 block of North Shore Drive, domestic disturbance. A woman reported an argument between her husband and nephew. She contacted law enforcement, but both men left the residence before MCSO arrived. The deputy waited, but neither man returned. According to the report, no physical contact occurred during the argument.
• Dec. 27, 100 block of Park Avenue, vehicle burglary. Unknown suspects gained entry into a Jeep by unzipping the soft cover top. According to the report, items valued at $400 were stolen.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Dec. 28, 111 Gulf Drive, battery. A 53-year-old Bradenton woman was arrested on two counts of misdemeanor battery after an alleged argument with an ex-boyfriend and his wife. According to the probable cause affidavit, the suspect and the man had not been together for more than nine years, but she began to argue with him over past relationship issues. The man asked her to stop, at which time police say the woman became more irate and slapped him. The man’s wife asked the suspect what she was doing, and the suspect grabbed her hair and scratched her face. Island Time Bar and Grill staff escorted her outside, where she continued to be verbally abusive toward staff until police arrived and arrested her.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Dec. 28, 4400 block of 123rd Street, domestic disturbance. A MCSO deputy responded to a disturbance, but reported it was verbal in nature without physical contact. One of the involved parties had already left prior to the deputy’s arrival. Domestic packets were issued.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• No reports submitted.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
• Dec. 28, 12th Street West, Bradenton, affray. A 34-year-old Bradenton Beach man was arrested on an affray charge after becoming engaged in a physical confrontation with another man at the Lost Kangaroo Pub. The fight escalated to the point of punches thrown and the two men fell through a large glass window at the pub. Police were forced to physically restrain the two men after they ignored orders to stop fighting and both men were charged with misdemeanors.
• Dec. 27, 5315 Cortez Road, Bradenton, shoplifting and possession of drug paraphernalia. A 27-year-old Cortez man was arrested on misdemeanor shoplifting and drug paraphernalia charges while at Walmart. According to the probable cause affidavit, the man selected a pair of gaming headphones from the electronics department. He went into another department and slipped the headphones into a Walmart shopping bag. A loss prevention officer observed the man go to a register and exchange the headphones for a $63 gift card and then attempt to leave the store. Security stopped the man and during the course of a search found two syringes in his pocket and what was described as a “crack pipe stem” inside a pack of cigarettes on his person. He was booked into the Manatee County jail on $240 bond.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.