• Feb. 15, 100 block of Maple Avenue, information. An elderly couple was walking on the beach when the man stopped to use the restroom. The woman said she was returning home, but she did not. The man called the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office to report her missing, saying she has dementia and gets confused. Four MCSO deputies and a Holmes Beach Police Department officer responded to search the beach area. About 15 minutes later, MCSO was contacted regarding a lost woman. Deputies determined it was the missing woman and, after having her medically cleared, she was released to her daughter.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Feb. 17, 1407 Gulf Drive South, Coquina Moorings condo, petit theft. A man reported someone had stolen his unsecured bicycle valued at $100 from the parking lot.
• Feb. 16, 2000 Gulf Drive S., Coquina Park, property damage. A man attempted to turn his recreation vehicle around in the parking lot and struck an overhanging Australian pine branch. Police report the branch was “large” and became stuck in the RV roof rack making it impossible for the man to move the vehicle. A Manatee County public works employee was contacted to remove the branch with a chainsaw, at which time the RV was able to drive away.
• Feb. 21, 600 Gulf Drive S., discharge of a weapon. A 30-year-old woman was charged with misdemeanor discharge of a weapon. A Bradenton Beach Police Department officer was in the area issuing parking tickets when he reported hearing 10 gunshots. Holmes Beach Police Department, Longboat Key Police Department and the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call for backup. Law enforcement officers converged on the area where the gunshots were heard and discovered a group of people a beach groin. After ordering the group to the ground, the suspect admitted it was her gun and she had been shooting into the water. She told officers she had a second weapon in her vehicle. A Smith & Wesson 9 mm and a Glock .40 caliber handgun were confiscated.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Feb. 18, 12000 Cortez Road, battery. A couple was arguing at the side of the road. The woman alleged that her companion slammed the trunk of the vehicle on her back. She stepped on his keys, at which time he allegedly applied enough pressure to her big toe to cause her to scream. She told police she slapped the back of his head to make him stop. The 66-year-old man was arrested on a misdemeanor battery charge.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Feb. 18, 300 block of 64th Street, driving without a license. A 33-year-old Bradenton man struck another vehicle with a work truck. During the course of the accident investigation, the man allegedly told police he had taken his boss’ work truck without permission to go to lunch. He said he did not have a driver’s license. A check revealed that the man had a prior arrest for the same offense. Police determined him to be at fault for the accident and arrested him on the misdemeanor charge of driving without a license.
• Feb. 10, 200 block of South Harbor Drive, burglary. A complainant reported 11 fishing poles valued at $4,425 were stolen from his unlocked storage shed.
• Feb. 13, 7200 Palm Drive, found property. A public works employee found a bullet-proof vest lying on the side of the road. The employee turned the property over to HBPD.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.