• March 24, 700 block of Jacaranda Road, domestic disturbance. A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy responded to a complaint of an argument. The deputy arrived and observed the argument had ended.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• No new reports.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• March 9, 400 block of 62nd Street, suspicious incident. Police responded to a possible disturbance after a man called to say he and a woman were arguing, at which time she began to throw things at him. The man called after he left the residence. Police made contact with the woman, who said the man was mad and began to smash her things before he left.
• March 13, 3007 Gulf Drive, Anchor Inn, battery. Police responded to a battery and made contact with two men, both of whom had cuts and abrasions to their faces and heads. The men said they were playing pool with two other men inside the bar when an argument ensued. The men decided to leave the bar, but were followed by the suspects who engaged them in a physical altercation. Witnesses identified one of the suspects. Police arrived at the suspect’s home and overheard him and another man discussing the incident at the bar. Both men admitted to the altercation.
• March 13, 3900 E. Bay Drive, Publix, theft. An assistant manager observed two men packing meat into a shopping basket. She called police saying the two men were suspected twice before of stealing, but were never caught. Police arrived shortly after the men left on a motorcycle, but caught up to the suspects and initiated a stop. A check of the driver’s license revealed it was suspended. The motorcycle had a storage case, but the driver said he did not have a key. Police forced opened the container and discovered meat packages from Publix and other grocery stores, as well as four liquor bottles. The investigation revealed thefts had occurred at various Bradenton businesses. The men were trespassed from the Holmes Beach Publix. The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office was contacted to investigate the thefts.
• March 22, 3400 E. Bay Drive, indecent exposure. A 50-year-old Bradenton Beach man was arrested for indecent exposure after urinating in public. A complainant told police the man’s sexual organs were completely exposed during the act. During the course of the investigation, police found 3 grams of marijuana on the suspect. He was arrested for misdemeanor indecent exposure and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.