• March 23, 700 block of Jacaranda Road, domestic disturbance. A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy responded to a domestic disturbance and made contact with a woman outside the residence. No allegations of physical contact were made by the subjects, who had been arguing. The deputy advised the man and woman to separate for the night. Upon request of the man, the deputy issued a trespass warning to the female.
• March 30, 200 block of Gladiolus Street, battery. A sheriff’s deputy responded to a call of two men fighting in the street. According to the report, the argument began at D.Coy Ducks in Holmes Beach. The men left the bar in separate vehicles. The subjects arrived at the Anna Maria residence at the same time and the suspect became angry that a female was with the victim, and punched him. The two men began wrestling in the street, at which time the deputy arrived to break up the scuffle.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• April 2, 120 Bridge Street, Drift In, disorderly intoxication. While on routine foot patrol on Bridge Street, a police officer observed a man outside of the bar with a beer in his hand. The officer asked the man several times to go inside the bar. He eventually complied, but stood at the doorway and began shouting obscenities at the officer. The man came back outside again and was told to return inside the bar. When he refused, the officer asked for identification. The man declined, at which time he was placed under arrest. According to the report, the man physically resisted the arrest and screamed on the way to the police station. Once secured, the man became aggressive toward the officers, yelling at them and lunging. He was charged with misdemeanor resisting arrest and misdemeanor disorderly intoxication and transported to the Manatee County jail.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• March 16, 5300 block of Gulf Drive, drunk. A Holmes Beach police officer responded to a call of an intoxicated pedestrian. The officer made contact with the man and drove him home.
• March 17, 5311 Gulf Drive, Acqua Aveda Spa, burglary. The manager of the business called police to report the front door had been smashed. She had not entered the business for fear someone was inside. Police cleared the scene and observed the cash register and some coins on the floor. The damages and amount stolen were estimated to be $1,300.
• March 20, 300 block of 63rd Street, disturbance. A woman called police in regards to an ex-boyfriend being in her home and refusing to leave. The man left before police arrived.
• March 20, 3700 block of East Bay Drive, theft. A man reported a bicycle valued at $1,000 had been stolen from a nearby bike rack. The man said the bike was locked up overnight. Police observed the lock had been cut.
• March 21, 6300 block of Gulf Drive, fraud. A woman went to the Holmes Beach Police Department to report someone used her Social Security number in an attempt to open several lines of credit. She also said someone filed a fraudulent tax return in her name, so she had filed paperwork with the Internal Revenue Service.
• March 21, 611 Manatee Ave. W., CVS Pharmacy, theft. Police were contacted in regards to someone stealing storage totes from the rear of the business. Video of the incident was captured and showed a man in a white GMC pickup truck twice arriving on the day of the theft and taking as many as 16 boxes valued at $190.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.