If you’ve got a great snapshot, we’ve got a contest you could win.
The Islander Top Notch digital photo contest will begin publishing weekly winning photos June 26. Six weekly winning photos will be featured on the cover of The Islander, and one photo will be a grand prize winner of $100 cash prize from The Islander and other prizes and gift certificates from local merchants. Weekly winners receive a “More Than a Mullet Wrapper” Islander T-shirt.
The weekly deadline is noon Friday throughout the contest, with the first deadline June 21.
Top Notch judging begins with a selection of pictures that may include family, landscapes and scenics, candid snapshots, action, holidays, humor and animal pictures. Nothing is overlooked, including kid pics, sentimental moments and moments of personal triumph. This year, judges also will be looking for top pet photos with a prize appropriate to pets from Perks 4 Pets and The Islander.
Digital contest entries should be submitted in original JPG format via email to email@example.com.
Digital entries are required. Only photo cropping is allowed. No retouching, enhancements or computer manipulation is allowed.
Entries must include one photo attachment/entry per email with the required information in the e-mail text. There is no limit to the number of weekly entries, and entries need not be repeated, as photos not selected but preferred by the judges are moved forward each week.
Entries not meeting requirements are disqualified.
Top Notch contest rules
1) The Islander Newspaper Top Notch Photo Contest is strictly for amateur photographers — those who derive less than 5 percent of their income from photography.
2) Black-and-white and color digital photographs taken after Jan. 1, 2012, are eligible. Photos previously published (in any format/media) or entered in any Islander or other competition are not eligible.
3) Photographs may be taken with any camera. No retouching or other alteration (except cropping) is permitted; no composite or multiple print images; no camera App manipulation will be accepted. Digital photos must be submitted in JPG file format. Prints and slides are not accepted.
4) Entrant’s name, address and phone number must be included either in the email or affixed to the back of each print submitted. One email per photo submission. Email single entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Entrants by their entry agree that The Islander may publish their pictures for local promotion. Entrants must provide the original digital image if requested by the contest editor. All photos submitted become the property of The Islander. The Islander and contest sponsors assume no responsibility for maintaining submissions.
Entrant must provide the name and address of any recognizable persons appearing in the picture with the entry.
6) Employees and paid contributors to The Islander and their immediate family members are not eligible.