• June 3, 500 block of Seagull Way, burglary. Someone gained entry into a house through an unlocked door and stole two TVs valued at $2,500.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• June 10, 1300 block of Gulf Drive North, battery. A 25-year-old Bradenton woman was arrested for misdemeanor battery. Police responded to a domestic violence call and made contact with a woman who said her daughter hit her twice in the face, causing her glasses to break. The victim was uncooperative with the investigation, according to the report.
• June 8, 500 block of Gulf Drive North, vehicle burglary. A complainant reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole several items valued at $135.
• June 13, 2000 Gulf Drive S., Coquina Park, grand theft. A woman reported she walked away from her belongings lying on a blanket on the beach to view the sunset. Among her belongings was an iPhone valued at $800. When she returned, the phone was gone.
• June 10, 2601 Gulf Drive N., Sandpiper Resort, criminal mischief. Witnesses reported a man on a bicycle caused $300 in damages to the PVC fence that borders Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach. Witnesses said the man was upset the gate was locked and forced it open, but also pulled the gate in the wrong direction.
• June 9, 2400 block Avenue B, theft. A woman reported someone stole her $120 bicycle. According to the report, the bike was locked to another bike, but the suspect was able to free the stolen bike without cutting the lock.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• June 2, 100 White Ave., beach access, beverage law. Police responded to a report of a man drinking at the beach access. The responding officer observed what appeared to be an underage male drinking a beer. He watched the man throw the empty bottle into nearby sea oats. The officer made contact with the 18-year-old man and made him retrieve the empty beer bottle. He then asked the suspect if he had any more alcohol, at which time the man led the officer to a nearby cooler. After emptying the contents of the cooler, the man was issued a notice to appear for possession of alcohol by a person under the age of 21.
• June 4, 500 block of 67th Street, vehicle burglary. A complainant reported someone gained entry into both of her vehicles sometime during the night. She reported an undetermined amount of loose change missing.
• June 5, 600 block of Ivanhoe Lane, criminal mischief. A woman reported someone knocked over a concrete planter causing damage to her mailbox. Upon investigating the area, the officer learned that a neighbor had also been vandalized. The officer contacted the second victim, who reported a landscape light valued at $436 had been damaged.
• June 7, 3600 block of Gulf Drive, aggravated battery. Police responded to a call of a man lying in the roadway. The officer made contact with the man, who was bleeding from his forehead and complaining of pain in his right ankle. A witness approached police and reported that he observed the man and he appeared to be intoxicated. A man driving by stopped and had words with the victim, according to the witness, who said the driver exited his vehicle, punched the victim in the face and fled the area.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.