• July 4, 10002 Gulf Drive, Bortell’s Lounge, trespass warning. An unruly customer was refusing to pay his bill. As he was attempting to leave without paying, a Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy arrived and the man went back inside to pay his tab. The man was trespassed and warned not to return or face arrest.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• July 8, 800 Broadway St., Longboat Key, domestic battery. Police responded to a call of a man striking and hitting a woman on a boat anchored in Sarasota Bay near Longboat Key. Upon arrival, the officer heard the woman yelling for help. After arranging for transport to the vessel, police made contact with a 28-year-old Bradenton Beach man. The couple denied a physical altercation, but they were taken to the shore, where two witnesses identified the suspect as having hit and choked the woman. He was arrested and taken to the Manatee County jail.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• July 7, 5346 Gulf Drive, Hurricane Hank’s Bar and Grill, obtaining food with intent to defraud. A 31-year-old Holmes Beach man was arrested after tallying an $88 bill for food and beverages and leaving without paying. According to the report, the man left the bar, at which time the waitress yelled for him not to leave without paying. The suspect ran across the street, but a pursuing patron detained the man until police arrived. The suspect told police he intended on paying the money he owed at a later date, but did not have any money to pay his bill at the time.
• July 8, 5100 block of 38th Avenue West, Bradenton, battery. An 18-year-old Holmes Beach man was arrested for misdemeanor battery after going to another man’s house to start a fight. The intended victim was inside, but the Holmes Beach man and another suspect began fighting with the intended victim’s father and a friend outside the home. The intended victim heard the commotion and, after seeing his father and friend being beat up, grabbed a knife and stabbed one of the aggressors. The Holmes Beach man and his friends fled the scene, but were stopped later by law enforcement and arrested.
• June 23, 8200 block of Marina Drive, burglary. The complainant was preparing a house for a renter when she discovered a TV valued at $1,000 was missing. Police found a couple of different attempts to enter the home and determined one of the doors had been successfully pried open.
• June 27, 400 block of 72nd Street, vehicle burglary. A man and woman were visiting when they heard the woman’s car alarm activate. They went outside and found the man’s vehicle had been entered and ransacked, but nothing was missing. The woman’s vehicle door was ajar, but did not appeared to be entered. Police believe the suspect fled when the alarm activated.
• June 27, 200 block 67th Street, theft. A man reported a rented bicycle valued at $75 was stolen from in front of his apartment.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.