• July 5, 400 block of Spring Avenue, domestic disturbance. A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy responded to a domestic disturbance and made contact with a woman, who said she had been arguing with her live-in boyfriend. The male was not on scene when the deputy arrived.
• July 18, 100 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria City Pier Restaurant, petit theft. An alarm company called law enforcement at 3:30 a.m. to report an activated alarm on the restaurant’s freezer. Upon arriving, an employee noticed a lock on the freezer was missing. The employee said an inventory by restaurant staff would be needed to determine if anything was missing.
• July 15, 800 block of North Shore Drive, information. A complainant said he was sitting in his yard with his dog when a woman walked by with a dog. The woman’s dog pulled her into the yard and attacked the complainant’s dog, causing injury and resulting in a $199 veterinarian bill. Law enforcement checked with neighbors, but could not find anyone who recognized the woman by her description.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• July 14, 4919 14th St. W., Bradenton, domestic violence. A 35-year-old Bradenton Beach man was charged with misdemeanor domestic violence. According to the probable cause affidavit, the man was in the backseat of a vehicle when he asked the female driver to stop so he could purchase synthetic marijuana at a store. The driver refused and he became upset. He demanded to be let out of the vehicle and the female pulled into a parking lot, at which time the man struck her in the back of the head several times as he exited the vehicle.
• July 13, 300 block of Highland Avenue, domestic violence. A 23-year-old Land O’ Lakes man was charged with misdemeanor domestic violence after an argument with his father. The suspect became upset when the father apparently refused to give him his car keys, saying the suspect had been drinking. The suspect became increasingly aggressive, backing his father into a corner while approaching him in a threatening manner. Witnesses confirmed the story to police and the man was arrested.
• July 15, 4651 Cortez Road, Bradenton, shoplifting. A 37-year-old Bradenton Beach woman was arrested for shoplifting after attempting to leave Publix with groceries valued at $146. She was detained by loss prevention until police arrived. According to the report, the woman admitted the attempted theft. She said she did it because she lost her job and had no money.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• July 12, 12400 block of Cortez Road West, theft. A complainant reported someone stole the lower unit of his boat motor. Fingerprints were secured at the scene.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Reports unavailable.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.