• July 29, 700 block of Jacaranda Road, burglary. An unknown suspect entered a construction site, cut the latches off and entered storage trailers. According to the report, the suspect made off with tools valued at $4,165.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Aug. 4, 2500 block of Gulf Drive, DUI. A 21-year-old Riverview woman was arrested for driving under the influence. According to the report, EMS responded to a call about a woman passed out behind the wheel of her vehicle. A Bradenton Beach police officer responded and detected an odor of alcohol, at which time a Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy responded to conduct a field sobriety test. According to the report, Jessica Frazier failed the FST and was taken into custody.
• Aug. 3, 2400 block of Gulf Drive, resisting arrest. Police made contact with a man on the street holding a cup of beer. The officer ordered the man to pour out the beer, but he continued drinking and was placed under arrest. While at the police station, the man slipped out of his handcuffs and tried to remove the restraining shackles. He was ordered to sit down several times. After refusing each command, he was pepper-sprayed, secured and transported to the Manatee County jail.
• Aug. 2, 2300 block of Gulf Drive North, grand theft. A complainant reported two iPods valued at $450 were stolen.
• Aug. 7, 2300 block of Gulf Drive North, criminal mischief. A complainant reported she heard a noise that sounded like a small thud in the middle of the night. When she awoke, she discovered one of her windows looked as if it had been shot out. Police found a BB inside the residence.
• Aug. 7, 2400 block of Gulf Drive North, property damage. A man called police to report he was following a vehicle and said someone discharged something that broke the window of another vehicle. An MCSO deputy stopped the suspects in the 6600 block of Cortez Road West. The men denied any wrongdoing and a search of their vehicle found nothing suspicious. Nothing was found at the site of the incident where the window was broken.
• Aug. 6, 611 Gulf Drive N., Imperial House, theft. A complainant reported the theft of a bike valued at $100.
• Aug. 6, 1800 block of Gulf Drive North, Runaway Bay, vehicle burglary. A complainant called police on behalf of a friend who had visited her. The victim reported her wallet had been stolen during her visit.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• No new reports.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• July 26, 248 S. Harbor Drive, St. Bernard Catholic Church, criminal mischief. A church representative contacted police regarding vandalism to two signs that stated “Private Property, Not A Thru Way.” Someone wrote in black permanent marker, “What would Jesus do?” Damage to the signs was estimated at $150.
• July 26, 3100 block of Avenue E, domestic. Police responded to a verbal argument between a boyfriend and girlfriend. According to the woman, the couple argued over her losing his credit card. There was no physical contact and the man agreed to leave for the night.
• July 25, 400 block of Clark Drive, trespass. A woman awoke to find a man entering her residence. She screamed and woke her roommate. The man apologized and began to leave. The women said they were calling the police and the man waited outside for them to arrive. He said he was meeting a friend next door and mistakenly entered the wrong unit. The man’s story was confirmed, but the complainant wanted to press charges.
• Aug. 3, 3700 block of Gulf Drive, battery. A 19-year-old Lakeland woman was arrested for misdemeanor battery after attacking a man. The responding officer witnessed the woman striking the man on the head, at which time he attempted to restrain her. She was taken into custody.
• July 13, 4000 Gulf Drive, Manatee Public Beach, DUI. A 53-year-old Anna Maria woman was arrested for driving under the influence and refusal to submit to a Breathalyzer test. Laura Gee was stopped for running a red light, at which time a Holmes Beach police officer detected an odor of alcohol. She initially agreed to a field sobriety test, but asked to get her shoes from the trunk. When she opened the trunk, the officer observed an open bottle of gin. She was arrested and taken to the county jail, where she refused to submit to a Breathalyzer.
• July 13, 4000 Gulf Drive, Manatee Public Beach, criminal mischief. A beachgoer reported to police a large dent in her driver’s side door that she discovered when she returned to her car in the parking lot. Damages were estimated at $500.
• July 17, 500 block of 67th Street, burglary. A man reported someone entered his boat and stole 45 gallons of fuel valued at $180. Police observed muddy footprints at the point of entry and were able to secure fingerprints.
• July 20, 5300 block of Marina Drive, information. A complainant reported his bicycle was stolen and that he chased the suspect, who dropped the bike. According to the report, the suspect ran back to where he stole the complainant’s bike and grabbed another one. He rode to a nearby store, where police waited for him to exit and he was detained for questioning. The complainant then declined to press charges and the suspect was released.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.