• No available reports.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Sept. 11, 100 Bridge St., domestic battery. Police responded to a couple arguing. The woman said her boyfriend slapped her in the face during the argument, but recanted her story when police went to arrest the 25-year-old Georgia man. She told police she was lying “to teach him a lesson,” according to the report. He was arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery. The couple was due to be married later that day.
• Sept. 12, 2400 block of Avenue C, domestic battery. Police responded to a man and woman arguing and were told the woman slapped the man on the face just before they arrived. The woman denied slapping the man, but told police he was verbally abusing her and “physically kicked him out of bed,” according to the report. The 42-year-old woman was arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Aug. 18, 10100 block of Cortez Road West, battery. A woman went to her boyfriend’s apartment and found another woman inside. The two women began to argue and the argument turned physical. According to the report, all parties were too intoxicated to determine the aggressor and no one wanted to press charges.
• Sept. 12, 10300 block of Cortez Road West, vehicle burglary. Unknown persons entered the complainant’s boat and stole one of two batteries.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Aug. 22, 5700 block of Gulf Drive, domestic disturbance. A man and woman were drinking, at which time the male began to get upset. He began to get into the woman’s car, but she stopped him because he had been drinking. He became angry and started to walk away. She followed him on foot and was able to get the keys. Police responded to the disturbance and both parties agreed to check into a motel for the night and pick up the vehicle in the morning.
• Sept. 10, 3900 E. Bay Drive, Publix, trespass after warning. Employees observed a 56-year-old homeless man who had been trespassed from the property May 21. The police were called and officers made contact with the man at a nearby bus stop. Upon confirming that the suspect had been trespassed previously, he was arrested for trespass after warning.
• Aug. 31, 3900 E. Bay Drive, Publix, theft. Store employees observed a man placing a bottle of wine into his clothing and leaving the store. Employees were able to get a license plate number and police were able to pull up a suspect, who was positively identified by employees as the suspect. Further investigation revealed that four bottles of wine valued at $210 were stolen.
• Sept. 3, 3900 E. Bay Drive, Publix, trespass warning. Police made contact with a man soliciting money from customers near the store’s entrance. The store manager said the man had been previously warned and wanted him trespassed from the property.
• Sept. 3, address not reported, harassment. A woman called police about a former acquaintance left threatening messages on her phone. Included in the threats was a statement that the man was in Florida and he knew where her daughter went to school. The school was notified of the incident.
• Sept. 4, 4000 Manatee Ave. W., Manatee Public Beach. A woman entered the restroom and noticed movement above her head. She glanced up and saw a camera sticking out from the air vent. She quickly exited the restroom and observed a man running from the scene. Police were unable to locate the suspect.
• Sept. 4, 600 Manatee Ave. W., theft. A woman reported two bicycles valued at $50 were stolen.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.