• Sept. 9, 100 block of Crescent Drive, domestic battery. A man and woman were arguing and it turned physical when the man allegedly pushed the woman. According to the report, the woman grabbed a steak knife to defend herself and the man cut his finger during the struggle.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Sept. 14, 100 block of Midge Court, disorderly intoxication. A Bradenton Beach police officer responded to several calls about a man walking through a neighborhood yelling at people. The officer made contact with a man on Bridge Street and learned he was staying on a boat anchored in Sarasota Bay. The officer instructed the man to return to his boat for the night. About 15 minutes later, the officer received a call about a man yelling at people on Midge Court and knocking on doors of residences. The officer made contact with the same 19-year-old Bradenton man, who was sitting inside a vehicle that did not belong to him. He was arrested for disorderly intoxication.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Sept. 12, 4500 block of 123rd Street Court West, battery, petit theft. A complainant reported he became involved in a fight with a man he knows when the man ran at him in an aggressive manner. The complainant said the two don’t like each other and when the suspect ran toward him saying he wanted to fight, he punched the suspect. The two men scuffled and, at some point, the complainant’s pocketknife fell out of his pocket. When the fight ended, the suspect allegedly took the knife and fled.
• Sept. 15, 4400 block of 123rd Street Court West, petit theft. A man reported he and his wife rode their bicycles to the location to fish. When they returned to their bikes, one was stolen. The complainant said his cellphone was strapped onto the bike.
• Sept. 14, 10104 Cortez Road W., Cortez Clam Factory. Two filters for a smoke eater machine valued at $400 and left in the parking lot were stolen.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Sept. 17, 400 Manatee Ave. W., violation of probation. A 22-year-old Plant City woman was arrested for violation of probation after being stopped by police for a traffic violation, who discovered the woman was on probation for possession of marijuana. Her probation officer informed the officer to arrest her because she did not seek permission to leave her home county.
• Sept. 9, 300 block of 72nd Street, criminal mischief. A complainant reported she parked her vehicle overnight. When she returned to the vehicle in the morning, she observed a dent on the driver’s side.
• Sept. 9, 500 block of 67th Street, theft. A man reported someone siphoned 40 gallons of fuel from his boat. The gas was valued at $160.
• Sept. 10, 3200 block of East Bay Drive, fraud. A woman reported that she received a call from a man asking if he could ship her a package to be shipped overseas because the store he was shopping from would not make the shipment. The woman agreed, using credit card information provided by the suspect. After receiving and shipping a variety of packages, the woman was notified the credit card information was from a stolen card.
• Sept. 12, 300 block of 63rd Street, disturbance. A man and woman were arguing about their relationship status. The man was not there when police arrived. The woman said the argument was not physical, but her boyfriend had kicked the front door. She had a small cut on her nose, but told police she cut it while taking her friend’s belongings outdoors.
• Sept. 13, 600 block of Key Royale Drive, burglary. A couple left their residence for six weeks and, on return, found the deadbolt on the front door broken and two handguns and fishing poles valued at $2,200 missing.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.