• Sept. 23, 100 block of Mangrove Avenue, burglary. An unknown person entered a home under construction through an unsecured door and stole $1,600 worth of items.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Sept. 22, 120 Bridge St., Drift-In, disorderly intoxication. Police responded to a disturbance at the Drift-In and made contact with staff, who wanted a man escorted from the business. Police took the man outside and gave him a chance to go home, at which time the suspect began yelling at the officers. He was told to go home several times, but refused. He was arrested for disorderly intoxication.
• Sept. 22, 200 Gulf Drive, DUI. An MCSO deputy attempted to initiate a traffic stop on Cortez Road. The driver continued to travel west across the bridge and into Bradenton Beach, where he eventually stopped. Raymond Crilley, 33, of Bradenton, was unable to produce his driver’s license. He allegedly admitted to drinking, but refused to submit to a Breathalyzer and was arrested for driving under the influence.
• Aug. 31, 1900 Gulf Drive S., Coquina Park, theft. A complainant reported a theft from her vehicle while she was at the listed location, but did not notice the missing computer equipment valued at $960 until she arrived home.
• Sept. 15, 900 Gulf Drive N., Gulf Drive Cafe, Baker Act. Police responded to a disturbance and arrived to a crowd of people attempting to keep a woman from drowning herself in the Gulf of Mexico. According to the report, the woman made several threats to harm herself. She was transported to Manatee Glens for evaluation.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Sept. 12, 4528 119th St. W., Cortez Kitchen, burglary. An unknown person broke into the business and stole several bottles of alcohol and a cordless phone. The items were recovered at a nearby homeless camp.
• Sept. 23, 12500 block of Safe Harbor Drive, vehicle burglary. A complainant reported someone entered his boat and stole a water cooler.
• Sept. 24, 12700 Cortez Road W., DUI with damage. An MCSO deputy responded to a vehicle accident and made contact with James Hunniford, 25, of Palmetto, who allegedly struck another vehicle from behind while traveling across the Cortez Bridge. According to the police report, the deputy detected a strong odor of alcohol. Hunniford failed a field sobriety test. He refused a Breathalyzer and was arrested.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Sept. 21, 3232 E. Bay Drive, Subway, trespass after warning. A 34-year-old Bradenton man was arrested for trespass after warning. The suspect was previously trespassed from the business in October 2011.
• Sept. 14, 6306 Gulf Drive, Blue Water Beach Club, burglary. A complainant reported a missing necklace and ring valued at $5,200 from her room. They left the room and returned later that day. She went to retrieve her jewelry and when she opened the camera bag where she left the jewelry, it was missing.
• Sept. 18, 3352 E. Bay Drive, Ace Hardware, burglary. Police say a suspect scaled a 10-foot fence to gain access to a storage area where and took an electric blower and a can of paint. While attempting to climb back over the fence, the blower handle became lodged at the top of the fence. Police believe the suspect dropped the paint while trying to free the blower. A store employee retrieved the blower from the top of the fence.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.