• Sept. 30, 300 block of North Bay Boulevard, domestic disturbance. A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy responded to a disturbance and made contact with a brother and sister arguing. There was no physical contact during the argument. Domestic packets were issued.
• Sept. 27, 800 block of South Bay Boulevard, burglary. A complainant reported that someone entered his unlocked storage shed and stole several items valued at $360.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• No new reports.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Oct. 1, 4400 block of 124th Street West, Baker Act. A MCSO deputy responded to a call of a subject attempting suicide. The subject was transported to the hospital.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Sept. 27, 60th Street and Marina Drive, theft. Holmes Beach commission candidate Carol Soustek reported the theft of two campaign signs valued at $20. The other sign was taken from Palm Drive and 77th Street. They have been replaced.
• Sept. 27, 500 block of 67th Street, vehicle burglary. A complainant reported she entered her vehicle and noticed everything out of place. She said a wallet and change valued at $21 were stolen from her unlocked vehicle.
• Sept. 27, 4000 Gulf Drive, Manatee Public Beach, battery. Police responded to a fight in progress. The suspects were attempting to leave the beach area, but, according to the report, police pulled in front of the suspect vehicle and made contact with four males. They were ordered from the vehicle and the victim was contacted. The victim told police he and the primary suspect are friends. He said they argued, and his friend hit him. Police observed a laceration over the victim’s eye, but he refused to press charges and the suspect was released.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.