• No new reports.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Dec. 23, 1900 block of Gulf Drive N., DUI. A Bradenton Beach Police Department officer and a Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy responded to a call about a man slumped over the steering wheel of his vehicle, parked on a sidewalk. The officer observed the man sleeping and the windshield wipers were on, scraping against dry glass. The 56-year-old Missouri man said he was having personal issues and was at the beach all day drinking. He was administered a field sobriety test and allegedly failed. Gregory Phillips was arrested on a misdemeanor DUI charge and booked into the Manatee County jail, where he later posted $500 bond and was released.
• Dec. 22, 1603 Gulf Drive N., Tradewinds Resort, burglary. Police responded to a burglary call and observed a door on one of the rooms had been pried open. Three TVs valued at $1,000 were stolen.
• Dec. 14, 116 Bridge St., Sports Lounge, disturbance. As police were arriving to a disturbance call, a large crowd began to disburse. An officer saw two men get up from the ground. The two men admitted that had fought, but that it was mutual. There were no injuries and on agreeing to leave the area for the night, no further action was taken.
• Dec. 22, 100 block of 10th Street North, burglary. An unknown person pried open a plastic storage shed and took items valued at about $1,300.
• Dec. 25, 103 Gulf Drive N., Circle K, trespass warning. A store clerk told police several customers were complaining about two men sitting outside the store asking people for money. The men were issued a trespass warning.
• Dec. 23, 103 Gulf Drive N., Circle K, battery. Police responded to the store and found a man sitting on the floor bleeding from the area of his eye. The man said a person hit him in the eye and then fled. He did not provide a reason why the suspect may have struck him.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Dec. 17, 10110 block of Cortez Road West, domestic disturbance. An MCSO deputy responded to a couple engaged in a verbal argument. There were no signs or allegations of physical contact during the argument.
• Dec. 23, 12400 block of 45th Avenue West, domestic disturbance. Two family members were arguing over holiday plans in front of several people. Another family member became concerned that the argument was escalating and called the MCSO. By the time a deputy arrived, one of the family members had left to cool down. Nothing physical occurred, according to witnesses.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Dec. 20, 4100 block of Sixth Avenue, open house party. A 20-year-old allegedly invited his former stepfather to a party at his mother’s house. A Holmes Beach Police Department officer responded to a complaint at the house and observed several juveniles, possibly with alcohol in their hands, who then fled the scene. The officer made contact with the 41-year-old man, who told the officer he was chaperoning the party, but was unaware of any alcohol being on the premises. According to the report, the officer observed several cans and bottles of beer were in open view around the property. The man then said he had only just arrived because his stepson called to say the party was getting out of hand, but the 20-year-old said the adult had been on the premises more than an hour. The man allegedly asked, “Do you want me to shut this party down?” The officer said he would take care of shutting down the party and arrested the adult on a misdemeanor charge of open house party.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.