• Dec. 27, 100 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria City Pier trolley stop, information. A trolley driver contacted the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office about a passenger who made threatening statements toward her before exiting the trolley near the pier. The passenger walked away in an unknown direction, but she was later located and evaluated with the assistance of the Holmes Beach Police Department and Bradenton Beach Police Department.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• Dec. 19, 200 block of Cortez Road West, DUI. A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy made contact with a man sleeping at the wheel of his vehicle. The car was in the roadway, motor running and was in gear. The deputy arrested Delbert Griffin, 38, of Sarasota, for driving under the influence.
• Dec. 29, 200 block of Second Street, domestic battery. Police responded to a disturbance call and made contact with a woman, who said her girlfriend had been threatening her all day. At one point, the suspect allegedly dug her nails into the complainant’s arm. Police made contact with the suspect at the Drift In Tavern on Bridge Street. The suspect said she left the residence because the complainant attacked her. However, there were no marks on the suspect and, based on the marks left on the complainant, the 34-year-old suspect was arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery.
• Dec. 29, 2501 Gulf Drive N., Island Plaza condominium, disorderly intoxication. Police responded to a call about an intoxicated man yelling at people. Witnesses told police the man had been drinking all day. He was asked to leave, but the man said he couldn’t because he had fallen and broke his hip. EMS was called and could find no injuries. The police then asked the man to leave and he refused, at which time the 63-year-old Bradenton man was arrested for disorderly intoxication.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Dec. 28, 303 301 Blvd. W., Sears, theft. A 33-year-old Cortez man was arrested and a child abuse investigation was initiated after an alleged theft from Sears. According to the probable cause affidavit, the man entered the store and was seen on video surveillance using a razor blade in an attempt to remove a security band from a $99 DVD player. The attempt was unsuccessful, at which time the man allegedly placed the item in his shopping cart and attempted to leave the store without paying. He was detained by a loss prevention officer. According to the report, the man had two children with him and left one in the store when he attempted to leave.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• No reports posted.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.