• Jan. 22, 300 block of North Bay Boulevard, domestic disturbance. A former couple living together as roommates engaged in a verbal argument. According to the report, a Manatee County Sheriff’s Office deputy made contact with the man and woman and confirmed no physical contact had been made during the argument.
• Jan. 21, 300 block of North Bay Boulevard, criminal mischief. A woman was observed getting out of a white van and then slicing the tires of another vehicle. She got back into the van and left.
Anna Maria is policed by the MCSO.
• No new reports.
Bradenton Beach is policed by the BBPD.
• Jan. 22, 4500 block of 119th Street West, aggravated assault. A complainant reported a hole in his roof created by a shotgun blast. Law enforcement noted there were no reports of gunshots the previous night, but found three spent shotgun shells at a nearby field. The damage to the roof was estimated at $200.
Cortez is policed by the MCSO
• Jan. 26, 600 block of Manatee Avenue West, habitual traffic offender. A 45-year-old Bradenton man was arrested on a felony habitual traffic offense after a stop.
• Jan. 11, 4000 Gulf Drive, Manatee Public Beach, petit theft. A woman reported that a purse containing $20, credit cards and a driver’s license was stolen from the beach. The purse was with other belongings and she noticed it was missing when her family was packing to leave.
• Jan. 13, 6800 block of Palm Drive, battery. A woman came home to find a man outside her residence who is the father to a relative’s child. The woman entered her residence and the man followed, at which time he allegedly grabbed her from behind and inappropriately touched her. She was able to convince him to let her go and he left the residence.
• Jan. 13, 500 block of 83rd Street, theft. Workers discovered about 40 feet of copper tubing stolen from a home under construction. The tubing was valued at $100, but one of the workers said the actual loss is more because the remaining tubing was broken during the theft and would need to be replaced.
• Jan. 14, 5600 block of Flotilla Drive, drug paraphernalia. A 33-year-old Holmes Beach woman was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. According to the report, a HBPD officer stopped the woman for failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign and for not wearing a seatbelt. The officer told the woman he had information there were drugs in the vehicle and, after receiving consent to search, found a pipe containing marijuana residue in the center console. She was arrested on the possession charge and cited for the traffic violations.
Holmes Beach is policed by the HBPD.
Streetlife is based on incident reports and narratives from the Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach police departments and Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.